All reviews the holiday inn express hi express water slides canadian tire cinnamon buns cactus club room was clean yogurt pancake machine complimentary breakfast front desk staff the breakfast area shopping and restaurants convenient location room rate checking in mini fridge
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I was attending a morning event at the Holiday Inn Express so booked a room so I'd be fresh for the almost 5 hour training session. I arrived at the hotel around 1pm and was able to check in immediately. The room and bathroom were very clean. The bathroom has the fan come on with the light. I know the sound is annoying but the bathroom is very clean because of this. No mould anywhere! No cracked tiles. Just simple and clean. The bed is very comfy as well, which is equal to the cleanliness of the bathroom. There is a coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge along with a desk for working if needed and two chairs, one being a desk chair. The décor is all beige and boring but you're there for a night or two, not moving in. There is an indoor pool which I did not try. There is a breakfast room with a selection of items to choose from which is included in the rate. I would stay here again if visiting Kelowna.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
sharonL3978, AGM at Kanata Kelowna Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Rooms in the new section are better. Great location. Fast commute options to nearby attractions. Good options for shopping nearby. Should provide amenities extra depending on the number of people. Overall good.

Room tip: Rooms in the new section are the best.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank akashg557

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Two days after we booked we arrived in a new city and could not find our hotel. GPS brought us to a Wyngate. We checked with the Wyngate staff who informed us the hotel had changed names the day prior to our arrival. This would have been helpful information when we called directly to book.
Our room was dusty and was not serviced/ cleaned throughout our stay, our

Room tip: The room was dusty and not serviced throughout our stay.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I was in Kelowna on business and enjoyed my stay here very much. The room was clean, breakfast was good. The location was very good. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again my next time in Kelowna.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

When I booked the room, I did mention my preferred room location. When I arrived, I repeated and I indicated that I would like to have a room in the same floor as the ice machine, a working ice machine. The front office attendant changed my room because of that, from 5th to 4th floor.

When I arrived in my room, the maintenance was still working on the door, installing the door handle and so on. After he finished, put my luggages in, I checked the ice machine, which was located not far from the room. The problem, it was broken.

I informed the maintenance guy, he said he would try to get it fixed. I informed the front office attendant as well about it, and she said she was not able to move my room today because they were fully booked, but they would try to get me a different room tomorrow.

The next day, same thing happened. The ice machine remained broken, the maintenance personnel said they could only clean it but not fix it. They need to call outside contractor for it. The FO attendant today was not aware of the issue with the ice machine nor the promise to move my room near the workable ice machine.

On the third day, the ice machine was still broken. My room remained the same. What the FO attendant told me know was to call her anytime I needed ice. I did inform them once, but no ice sent to my room.

It was an unfortunate to give the hotel 3 stars rating while the hotel actually has friendly staff, good bed, and location. But to fix this issue, they need more support from the management. And possibly better communication.

Date of stay: May 2018