“Tasty food, good service, pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Amsterdam

Amsterdam
Ranked #19 of 347 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Dutch, Canadian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With our unique, warm Dutch ambiance, we offer fresh, made-in-house traditional breakfast, authentic Dutch Pannenkoeks, genuine Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, healthy & glutein-free choices, made-from-scratch soups, fresh salads, and globally inspired sandwiches.
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We popped in for a quick lunch and were immediately seated and waters provided (so welcome in these warm summer days).. I had the signature Dutch pea soup which was very tasty. My wife opted for the Moroccan chicken shawarma which was very tasty but at $15.50 a bit on the pricey side. Service was excellent and atmosphere very relaxing. I will be interested to try other menu items and especially breakfast

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Just visited here for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised but the awesome service and delicious breakfast. I am gluten free and highly recommend this place to go for breakfast! You can eat "normal" food. I will definitely be coming back here and I highly recommend it, for everyone!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and I are frequently in Kamloops. This is the ONLY place we go for breakfast.

It's in a bit of an industrial area on the way out of town but don't let that put you off. It's worth the drive and better than the standard breakfast at a chain restaurant. The food and service is consistently great. Try the Poffertjes, and the hash browns are a must........but really, it's all good.

Our only complaint is that we often show up right at peak time and there can be a wait. We always wait. We could get up earlier and show up before it gets busy but that isn't likely. So we wait. There's a Tim Horton's a few blocks down - we stop there for our "waiting coffee".

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We had 3 different types of pannekoek and poffertjes at our table, and they were all delicious! Service was prompt and friendly. Would definitely recommend and go back.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

First of all the staff was very professional and very happy to help us with all of our allergies. My wife and I both have allergies and it is very hard to accommodate both of our problems with food allergies. I am allergic to Soy products, and my wife is allergic to Dairy and wheat. This makes it very hard for anyone who is waiting on us, they not only waited on us with a good attitude and we're very happy to help us but the floor manager was very concerned and caring about our situation. We felt very cared for and when we're in Kamloops we will be back for sure. Our experience was very excellent at the Amsterdam. The food was awesome my wife ordered the egg white omelet with goat cheese and spinach it was very delicious. We just want to say thank you so much to everyone at the Amsterdam.