“Places to avoid in Kamloops”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 347 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 22
Cuisines: American
Description: Life is Calling The table is a platform for a passionate life! At Moxie's we set it with your smile in mind. We hope you will join us and experience A Fresh Seasonal Menu, Rooted Firmly With Canadian Flavours, full of extraordinary takes on classic dishes. Steaks, pizza, burgers and wings share the menu page with sushi cones, vindaloo, enchiladas and potstickers, Calamari is amplified with ginger and jalapeno, a chicken breast is elevated with mango and chipotle, and a simple steak sandwich gets a fresh feel with ciabatta and fresh arugula. It's all the contemporary flavours you know and crave.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No, just no.
I used to love Moxies when I lived on the East Coast.
Funnily enough, I was just in one in the Lower Mainland and it was great.
This Moxies is something else.
It's loud, so loud you're screaming at each other to hear.
It's rowdy, maybe that's because the nightclub is next door.
It's crowded.
The food is mediocre.
The service is mediocre.
The wait times are unreal.

All in all, go to The Noble Pig. That is what you're looking for. The food is better. The atmosphere is still fun without the night club crowd. The service is incredible. And it's just down the road.

I cannot recommend this restaurant.

Sean M, Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Tarbrow,

Thank you for the feedback as all of it help us make a better experience for our guests. I'm sad to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us here in Kamloops. It can get very busy at this location and by the sounds of it you experienced a pre or post game Blazers rush and on those night we usually have quite a waitlist at the door and it can be very loud. We do offer a dining room just off of the front entrance where we keep the music low and the door's closed for folks that are looking for a quieter more intimate experience. I would love to hear a bit more about your night and see what we can do to get another shot at your business. If you'd like you can reach me at Kamloopsgm@moxies.ca

Hope to talk to you soon!

Sean

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Restaurant is attached to the Sandman Signature in Kamloops.
The food here is delicious with good sized portions. I ate In restaurant twice and room service twice. All were great. The music was a bit too loud for my liking in the restaurant.

Hi Kris!

Thank you very much for the great review. I'm very happy to hear that you had a great experience here with us in Kamloops! I'm glad you had a chance to come in and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're coming through town.

I hope you had a nice trip :)

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I had a business trip in Kamloops and was too tired to explore, Moxies was right beside the Sandman hotel i was staying at. Great choice and very satisfying meal. Great customer service as well.

Hi Sweenie,

Thank you for the kind review, we appreciate it. We pride ourselves on quality and service so it's nice to hear that that's what you experienced. I'll pass along the kind regards to our team.

I hope the rest of your trip went well.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I am not sure where it says in the travellers advisory that hotel restaurants, need to be "the" hot spot in town.....this is what Moxies tries to be....and it succeeds in the following. Mediochre food, an extremely noisy ambience. the furniture is not designed for the human body to be able to sit comfortably and my favourite...the entrance from the hotel is lined with toilets....really appetite killer..... Breakfast is a disaster. The wait staff are generally pretty good, attentive, and entertaining. But not all of the cllients who come in from the hotel are young. Some of us...like to sit in a comfortable seat, be able to have a conversation with colleagues or other table mates....impossible here. to be fair, I have gone there about 6 or 7 times....service was good all the time, food was good twice and I had to order the same thing to get that. This restaurant is attached to an upscale hotel but it fails to provide basic satisfaction to the travelling person...

1  Thank Footsac

Hi Footsac,

Thank you very much for the feedback on your experience with us here in Kamloops. I'm sorry to hear that you found the environment in our establishment to be too loud but I am happy to hear that the service was consistently good for you. We do promote a vibrant lounge though we also have a dining room just off of the front entrance where we keep the music low and the doors closed so that folks looking for a quieter experience can enjoy their dinner. I'd love to hear more if you have some time. I can be reached at kamloopsgm@moxies.ca

I sincerely hope we see you again and that the rest of your trip was a nice one.

Take care,

Sean

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We were part of the Rocky Mountaineer and stayed at the Sandman so this was very close. The service was great and the food was even better! Our server was Erika and she was very attentive but not overbearing. We had eaten at some very expensive 4 star restaurants during our 10 day stay in BC and Alberta and we were somewhat disappointed in some. Moxie's Salmon Cobb salad was delicious! The location is right across from the Riverside Park and we enjoyed a nice walk after dinner.

Sean M, Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Hi Geejam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. I'm very happy to hear that you had a nice time with us and enjoyed the food. Erika will be very happy to hear that you had a great time as well so I'll pass your compliments along to her. I hope you had a great rest of your trip and perhaps we'll see you again next year when Rocky starts up again :)