“Our go to restaurant in town”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 358 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 21
Cuisines: American
Description: Life is Calling The table is a platform for a passionate life! At Moxie's we set it with your smile in mind. We hope you will join us and experience A Fresh Seasonal Menu, Rooted Firmly With Canadian Flavours, full of extraordinary takes on classic dishes. Steaks, pizza, burgers and wings share the menu page with sushi cones, vindaloo, enchiladas and potstickers, Calamari is amplified with ginger and jalapeno, a chicken breast is elevated with mango and chipotle, and a simple steak sandwich gets a fresh feel with ciabatta and fresh arugula. It's all the contemporary flavours you know and crave.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Unfortunately the portion sizes are decreasing but the quality of the food, the drinks and the service make this a regular place to dine out for us....

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Went to Moxie's for dinner with my family. What a wonderful experience. The service was great and the food was excellent. My husband has celiac's and they even had a menu for him. He even ordered a piece of gluten free cheese cake which was awesome. During our visit; I even saw the manager's helping with the delivery of food to the table's, as it was very busy. Our server was attentive and efficient. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The price's are a bit high; but our meals were delicious and I did not mind paying a bit more for great food. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to others. My only advice would be to make a reservation as this place is always busy.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Hey, the food is alright and the service is lovely. The decor of the restaurant is one of my favorites as well. Unfortunately though, the prices just don't match what you get. My 6yr old son got 2 small pancakes from the kids menu that had a garnish of a couple pieces of fruit for $9. He wanted a couple slices of bacon too and that is another $4 and orange juice for $3. Yikes! The next day we went up the hill to Cora where he got 2 large pancakes with a MASSIVE amount of fruit (I'd say at least a cup and a half - maybe more), including juice for $6. Bacon add on (6 slices) was $3.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Although Moxies is a chain restaurant, this one is really unique. It sits beside a train track. So through the large windows you can watch the slow moving trains pass by. I'm not sure how often trains actually do pass by.

The restaurant food was good and the service was okay. We both enjoyed our meals. My partner had a burger and I had the chicken tacos.

What was really impressive though was the building and interior design. The bathroom sink didn't have taps with handles. The shutoff was in the wall - a cool industrial shut off. It did take me a minute to figure this out! It felt like a 1930s bathroom.

I'd revisit it.

The restaurant is a few steps away from Riverside Park. So after dinner we took a nice walk along the river.

Sean M, Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Hi Sanddollar_8

I'm happy to read that you had a nice visit here with us at Moxie's in Kamloops. We definitely have a very unique location and I'm glad that you enjoyed it :) Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Moxie's is a Canadian icon and can usually be counted on for a good meal and a good pint. We've customed several across Canada and this, hands down, is our new favorite. The wait staff were outstanding and the food suggestions were spot on! Definitely recommend!
Tip for the chef : "poke in a jar"... great idea (tasty too!), but definitely more tuna and less avocado required. This is supposed to be poke inspired, not guacamole.

Sean M, Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hi Easterndixie,

I appreciate the glowing review. In light that you have frequented many Moxie's and ours is your favorite is humbling for us. I'm very happy to hear that the atmosphere, staff, and food made for a great Experience.

Sean Martin