“Great value. An eye opener”

TasteFull Excursions
Tasty Taster Wine Tour
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Kamloops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TasteFull Excursions is Kamloops first tour company to specialize in wine tours and promotes Kamloops as gateway to wine country. Kamloops is strategically positioned as gateway for your BC wine tour experience at the junction of Hwy 5 and Hwy 1 between Jasper and Vancouver. Tours include: Kamloops Wine Trail, Shuswap, Lake Country, Kelowna, and 2 day tours to South Okanagan wine country. TasteFull Excursions has now expanded operations to include premium transportation services offering winter resort shuttle for Sun Peaks Resort, Canadian Mountain Holidays & Mike Wiegele with well maintained top of the line vehicles. TasteFull Excursions also provides golf, airport, wedding, special event, teambuilding events and premium executive private shuttle for up to 14 guests per vehicle. Fleet size: 9 Ford Transits (14 pp) and 2 Mercedes Sprinters (11pp) .
Reviewed 29 October 2014 via mobile

For the price we could not believe what we saw. It's amazing how many wineries are in this area. Our tour guide was well prepared and was a great driver as I am a professional driver but a nervous passenger. The wineries were great stops with great product. On our tour we had relatives from Italy who were very impressed with the wines. I could go on but I think everyone should try Tastefull Excursion.

2  Thank trev478
"stops"
"privato"
"bc"

Reviewed 16 September 2014

After a great wine tour with Maatje and her husband Gordon, we highly recommend the Tastefull Excursions wine tasting tour as a great way to spend an afternoon in Kamloops. Maatje and Gordon are wonderful hosts, making you feel most welcome and entertained. Maatje makes a point of informing you about the tour when you enquire with her telephonically and getting back to you within the time she said she would. The wine farms visited are charming and their wine is delicious. You are transported comfortably in an air-conditioned Mercedes tour bus. The pace of the tour is relaxed, with an emphasis on enjoyment of the tour rather than being rushed from estate to estate. We tasted a number of wines and were satisfied - even making a few purchases of wines and wine paraphernalia along the way.

Reviewed 14 September 2014

Thank you so much to the warm, inviting, and knowledgeable tour host, Maatje! My friends and I just returned from the "Scenic Sips" tour in the beautiful Lake Country (Okanagan). We started our day with smiles and laughter as we traveled in Maatje's tastefully decorated, comfortable Mercedes Sprinter van as we journeyed to our first stop - Gray Monk. This winery was definitely a stand out amongst the 5 for me. The white wines (the 'Pinot Gris' being my favourite) were very delicate and delightful. It was a great way to salute the Summer of 2014. The lunch at Gray Monk was absolutely stunning. I highly recommend this lunch stop and was so happy to have this experience. BC is so beautiful! We felt as though we were transported to Tuscany with the ambiance of good company, music, our personable server, food quality, and September sun shining down on us. We then toured 4 more wineries! The value, fun, and experience with Tasteful Excursions was spectacular from the beginning of the day until we were safely dropped off, wine bottle loot in stow... still smiling!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I ended up in Kamloops for two days and needed to find something to do. This was a great little day trip. Maatje is very nice, hospitable and a great host. As we were wine tour virgins I think we expected more of an introduction to the wonderful world of wine (pairings etc.) but soon realized that we we were obligated to have a basic understanding going into this. I think if basic wine education was included in the drive it would be beneficial to people like us who don`t have much experience. Overall not a bad excursion as we had fun. As Kamloops grows as a wine lovers destination I`m sure the tours will become even better. I have to give Tastefull Excursions kudos for breaking out and being the frontrunner in a new local industry that I can only imagine will grow from here. Thanks for a great day out!

1  Thank Mohkam
Maacha52, Owner at TasteFull Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

I am very glad you enjoyed your day. What you are suggesting is a great idea and I have been giving this some thought as people are not always willing to ask questions because of shyness around the topic of wine if they are unsure of their knowledge of the topic. Rest assured that you can feel free to ask as many questions as you like!

It is my job to help people feel at ease asking about the basics and I have a plan in the works to provide people with a handout for their reference plus I will in future ask people in advance what they would like to learn during the excursion. Thank you so much for your thoughtful commentary and your input is much appreciated.

Regards, Maatje (Maacha) Stamp-Vincent