South Thompson Inn & Conference Center
US$ 230
US$ 198
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
The Ranchland Inn(Kamloops)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
Hotel 540(Kamloops)
US$ 134
US$ 129
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Country View Motor Inn(Kamloops)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
  • Breakfast included
US$ 132
US$ 127
Travelocity
All reviewsthe rivermanor housedriving rangehardwood floorsguest ranchhot tubtroutstayed longercontinental breakfastwe've stayedyogurtone night staylong driveroad tripllamasretreatwedding
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. We booked on hotwire so we didn't get to see the location exactly which isn't right in Kamloops as advertised. Not the hotels fault just reference for others. Clean, comfortable, basic rooms. Big TV. Nice decks and grounds. There was a fridge available on request for one of our travellers medications.
Would definitely book again. Very friendly check in staff.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Cheers2011, I am so happy that Hotwire chose STIGR for your accommodation. Thank you for mentioning our clean and comfortable rooms and very friendly staff. We love hearing these compliments! We look forward to your return one day.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed this accommodation. It is quite a way out of Kamloops so would need a car if you wanted to explore the town. It was a huge property though, right on the river. Very well cared for and we were welcomed by one of the owners. There were bikes to use for cycling around the property or beyond. Lovely welcoming feel to this place and all the staff members were happy and helpful. Loved my room. It was decorated in a very country style but I loved it. A huge bed that was incredibly comfortable and a balcony to sit outside with a wine. If I ever get to this part of the world again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear CazziD, thank you so much for staying with us and for your wonderful 5 out of 5 review! I thoroughly loved reading all of your wonderful comments about your experience with us. Our team would love to welcome you back if you are in our part of the world again and they love being mentioned.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Room pink and white stripped wallpaper and white rattan furniture. Framed pictures looked faded. Loose electrical fitting for heater to which my daughter received electric shock from. Difficult to find quiet isolated. Not to my taste.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Libster5
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Libster5, it appears you stayed in one of a hand full of originally decorated guest rooms. We have fully updated the majority of our rooms and plan on updating a couple more this winter. The Laura Ashley is not to my taste either. We would love to welcome you back for another visit. We have a binder at the front desk that has pictures of all of our guests rooms and you can take a look at that and see what suits your taste. Hope you will return.

Now the “electrical shock”
There was no loose wire

Your daughter unplugged the Air conditioning unit rather than just turning it off or asking our front desk to do it for her. The air conditioner is a 220 volt unit and can carry quite a shock. Suggest she does not do this again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Arrived with a bus tour, stayed 1 night. Booked into an upstairs room in the Guest House which looked lovely and inviting from the outside. The room was cold and had to request heat turned on from main bldg. Dusty bathroom fixtures, and window sills covered with dead wasps; carpet disgustingly stained everywhere...
Tour guide requested I be moved ... which turned out to be in the main bldg, handicapped room, so it was roomy, well appointed and clean.
Dinner & Breakfast were good.... however we had one lady on the tour whose stomach was upset so she didn't feel up to eating any dinner, so I suggested she at least eat some soda biscuits/saltines... None of the staff in the dinning room knew what these were!!! When I explained they are usually served with soup, they thought I meant croutons. ... They ultimately brought her a small plate with some digestive cookies which are nowhere near helpful in soothing an upset tummy.
I had hoped to take a photo of the back of the guest house (deck) however the veranda floor was covered with leaves (how hard is it to sweep clear?) and there was a garbage can on its side at the far end of the ground floor patio.
Everything looked 'tired' and neglected... lobby very dark and the silk plants covered with dust. Certainly not what I'd been expecting after the rave reviews.

Room Tip: More attention to dusting and unsightly room carpets shampooed. Probably hardwood flooring the better option in the Guest House.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
STIGR, Owner at South Thompson Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear langis007, first of all we deserve the negative comments about your initial room in The Manor House and I am pleased you were moved into the main building.
As you can see by almost all other reviews this is not the normal standard guests experience.
Your initial room does have a carpet stain which no matter how hard we try will not come out. Being replaced soon. Is clean but sure does not look it.
As far as leaves on the deck. We can sweep in the morning and the wind blows and leaves on deck again.
No excuse, just what happens. Same with the garbage can. If it was a windy day it could have blown over. Maybe a heavier can will help.
The lobby, library and lounge mostly all new this year so no response to these comments.
As much as we try to be perfect once in a while we don’t succeed.
Sorry it happened to you.
Hopefully the rest of your trip went better.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The setting is awesome. As one drives through the gate, a long winding asphalt road leads to the main building with large grass fields on both sides where the horses and llamas graze peacefully. The golf links go on the left and riverside undulations on the right. The two storied building has reception area with a small gift-cum-souvenir shop and the guest rooms with interesting name boards. The bar and restaurant are extended arms of the building. It is a family run hospitality ranch with professional finess. The swimming pool and the open bonfire area on the rear side are just near the river banks. The surrounding garden has lots of trees of which Apples and Plums are laden with juicy fruits. The riverside view is equally amazing in the dawn and the dusk. The flocks of Canadian geese roam and swim at leisurely mood. The railway tracks and highway beyond the river remind you of your connection with the worldly activities. Some birds fly across towards the rugged mountains with small patches of green. It is a complete story of relaxation in nature’s own country!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear AsisBandyopadhyay, what a beautifully written review! I thoroughly enjoyed reading every single word.
Not much for me to say in response other than THANK YOU!
We would love to welcome you back again for another visit and if do come back please ask for me as I would like to come and say hello. I love you saying “it is a complete story of relaxation in nature’s own country”. Thank you!