1,757 results
All reviewsrooftop poolrocky mountaineerclub floorblue restaurantunderground parkinglondon drugsdowntown kamloopsa great stayhockey tournamentfront desk staffhot tubwould stay here againriverside parkovernight stopbeds were comfortableone night staytrain
Reviewed 11 July 2012

From YVR to Jasper this is a nice stop over - paid and extra 25 for an upgrade that was well worth it - Full breakfast and reduces diner pricing

Room Tip: pay for the upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear FRIBOB,

You are a savvy traveler ! thanks for taking the time to share a great tip at our hotel. Yes our Club Floor is one that is a fantastic value and should be asked for when people book. It is a great value as still a very affordable rate ! we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the past weekend. For $125.00/night, I was a little disappointed and I don't say that too often.

When I arrived it was 3:00pm and my room was not ready yet so I had to wait about half an hour. Usually there is a room available so I was a little surprised. I guess they must have been very full.

The bed was very comfortable and the room size was fine. The air conditioner worked which was a plus.

The bathroom was seriously atrocious though. It was so tiny, I couldn't open the door without it hitting the toilet. The faucets in the shower are seriously outdated and work poorly. Further, the shower head was just as old and did not work well. I also got scolded or had very cold water. It often changed temperatures rapidly while I was in the shower which made showering horrible really.

As I say, I guess it's okay for a night or two but I would not recommend a long term stay. At this price, there is bound to be something else. I've paid less than $125.00 a night in Toronto and gotten a far better hotel so I'm not sure what;s up with Kamloops.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Amandadeo,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It sounds as though you stayed in our standard room, these rooms are largely renovated (like Deluxe and Club Floor) but do have some older bathroom fixtures. As such, we charge less for them ( a room type for all tastes and budgets).

I was pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay - next time please contact me directly and I will ensure we have you in a deluxe room or on our executive club floor (best value, includes full breakfast, parking and lots of extras !)

Regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Lovely room with comfy sofa and comfy bed. Hotel front was being remodelled on our arrival - looked like it had been bombed! Behind the chipboard everything was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JayneyWales

Hello JayneyWales,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay - yes, we did have a few weeks where our front entrance had been ripped apart - and we are glad to be on the final stages of this now. Our new entrance will make for a completely new arrival experience not seen in Kamloops before. I hoped you enjoy the train !

Reviewed 4 July 2012

This property is trying to be something that it isn't. While renovations to character or historic hotels are the "in thing" this renovation and rebranding just doesn't work for this old, uninteresting building. This DIY reno should have been done with dynamite and a bulldozer. Someone has been watching to many home improvemnt shows.

A wild party a few doors down kept us up until the wee hours of the morning. While staff tried to deal with the noise (thanks for trying) they were largely ineffective. Further, when I reported a minor plumbing problem at check out there seemed to be little interest and I am not even sure it was noted.

Please be upfront with parking charges ($10.00) While most people expect to pay for parking in Vancouver but not here. Pay Parking might seem classy but it just doesn't cut it here. This place is already 30% overpriced at rack rate. (thanks Hotwire for getting me in here $40 bucks under rack so I didn't feel totally ripped of)

I travel ALOT. Motel 6 or the Fairmont,either works on the price and value scale for me. Hotel 540 gets a fail.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kenneth S

Dear LawrenceNicol,

Thank you for taking the time to share you opinion. I was sorry to to learn that our renovations were not suiting with your taste. I would agree that it is difficult to compete with the external character of a Fairmont. As such, we don't - and do feel we price ourselves accordingly. We are in the last couple weeks of an improvement to the exterior of the hotel- at our front entry. I noted your comment on parking - as you booked through the opaque channel - they would not have been able to comment on the paid parking. We certainly do advise our guests when they book directly for this exclusive ammenity (climate controlled underground parking behind a gate). I was also sorry to learn that some other guests did keep you awake, we do our best to control these types of instances. I hope you might give us another try in the future,

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I book it though hotwire and get it under $90(tax included), it is no bad for a three start hotel. The service is very friendly, I always left front desk with smile on my face. The only con I found was the airconditioner is kinda loud in the room. Otherwise, this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear TOasta,

Thanks for taking the time to share of your experience. I am glad you enjoyed it - and glad to see you had found great value....you got a great deal ! You obviously stayed on a quiet night in our hotel, as our rates do vary as the airlines do based on demand and dates etc. As you know, if you enjoyed our hotel, you may want to book direct next time to ensure you are staying here versus another hotel you may not be as pleased with. Our star rating does give people a pleasant surprise as we exceed that rating in most other channels. We will be updating these ratings once our front entrance is completed, we are also building a 2nd floor rooftop pool and fitness room this fall/winter. More great things to come !

Best Regards,