1,792 results
All reviews rooftop pool rocky mountaineer club floor blue restaurant underground parking london drugs downtown kamloops a great stay hockey tournament front desk staff hot tub riverside park would stay here again overnight stop beds were comfortable one night stay train
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed here for just 1 night during a 2 day trip on The Rocky Mountaineer Train. Hotel from the outside looks quite seedy but once inside things got better. Was given a welcome drink on arrival and room was a reasonable size with free Wifi . Sleep quality was good and there was the usual tea/coffee making facilities. Up early next morning to continue our train journey so did not get to have breakfast in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Lindalovesaholiday,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed it. Our Rocky Mountaineer guests are often in quick and out quick overnight; so appreciate you were able to enjoy just a small piece of what the hotel has to offer. As you would have recognized we are completing work on a new front entrance, so our exterior is not as great as it will be in a month or so. Hope you enjoyed the train !

Best Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Clean and comfortable hotel. Had no issues with the room which was a good size double with a nice big flatscreen tv and free wi-fi. The bathroom was big and the shower big and powerful however I like to use a decent shower gel and the hotel supplied small bottles of stuff I would not use - what's wrong with some decent shower gel? Also, I couldn't fill the sink and I like a full sink when shaving - these two annoyances cost it a 5/5.

I was extremely impressed with the food in Embers restauraunt - breakfast is menu based and I had a different choice every day - really good skillet, excellent omelettes. We did not need a lunch for our entire week in Kamloops and that is testament to the size and goodness of the breakfast. I had two dinners in the hotrel - butter chicken and a New York Strip - both excellent but the top food was the apple pie - this was both enormous and delicious. Decent beer and wine selection too.

Good location on Victoria Street - close to a lot of good places to eat. Very friendly and helpful staff - maid service was extremely good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BanzaiClepton
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear LIVERZB,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. Our Chef and Culinary Team will be most excited to read of your rave reviews, they have done a fantastic job of late of "kicking it up a notch". As well, I have taken your comment about our shower gel under advisement, we are continually looking to improve -and as much as we do often get positive feedback on this area, your suggestion is noted ! We have to have the pleasure of looking after you again in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2012

When we checked out, I wondered why our bill was 23 dollars more than expected. The hotel charged us 10/night plus taxes for parking. Nowhere is that fee posted, nor were we told upon checking in that we would be paying. I mentioned this to the clerk and she talked to her supervisor. It was like too bad, you pay. I called several other hotels in Kamloops to see if they charge for parking, they said NO.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank DebbieKathleen

Dear DebbieKathleen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that we have since been able to positively conclude your experience, and was pleased to know that other than the parking charge you were completely satisfied with your stay - and the "splurge" was worth it ! - though I think most agree our rates are very competitive given the increased services and location available. As explained, we have newly renovated, climate controllled parking that is gated. Instead of building this amenity in to the cost of the room - it is charged only to those guests that use it (guests who fly in and take a taxi or on a bus tour do not pay for it.) This is similar to breakfast, and of course this is common for city centre business class hotels. As well, this charge is noted on our web site and of course initialed during check in when we get your licence plate number/parking pass is issued. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future !

Kind Regards,

Bryan

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Absolutely loved this hotel! It was our first time at Hotel 540...here is what the experience was like:

~Friendly staff upon check-in
~Warm and well-lit parking garage
~Clean, newly upgraded, comfortable & spacious rooms (we had 2)
~Great views
~Extremely quiet
~Delicious breakfasts served at the hotel restaurant (Embers)
~Very friendly cleaning staff when walking in the hallways

Overall, the hotel exceeded our expectations...we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Hotel540GM, General Manager at Hotel 540, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear traveltheworld95,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed literally every aspect, from the service to the food, the location to the amenities. We are fortunate to have the list- and we work hard to deliver a great guest experience to each guest. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon !

Regards

Bryan Pilbeam

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at the Hotel 540 on April 12, 2012 and it was just excellent. The Staff was superior especially David Bryde. Helped me out so much last night as we kept having trouble with our keys and the elevator. Was a great help. The Hotel 540 is very lucky to have him as a member of the Hotel 540 team

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear SharonB,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Yes, David continues to be a great asset for our team and is one of our favourites with our regular guests. We look forward to welcoming you back and seeing you here again soon.

Best Regards