All reviewshi expressoff the highwaypancake machinebreakfast barvancouver islandfree breakfastconvenient locationmain floorlots of parkingshort drivewe've stayedtwo queen bedsdesk clerkgreat stopovereasy accessbagelswould stay here again
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed for 2 nights for medical reasons. Reserved a room with a sofa but at check-in we had a chair. Immediately contacted the front desk and were given a choice of 2 rooms with sofas. Someone not paying attention when assigning rooms. We moved. The rooms were cleans and it compares to the other hotels in this category. Turning left out of the parking lot is a nightmare. Left is where we had to go. For this reason alone we will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are odd numbers.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager1550, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for the review and we are very sorry to hear you will not be returning. It is never easy for us to hear we are losing a guest, especially when it is due to circumstances beyond our control.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I made my reservation the night before arrival. The day of arrival, in mid-afternoon I got a phone call from the hotel asking me to "confirm my payment." I told them that I didn't know what they meant by that, and they asked again for me to "confirm my payment." I told them that I would be arriving later in the evening and they had a credit card on file to hold the rooms I had booked (for myself and a colleague). It was a very odd phone call and felt scammy.

Once we arrived, most things were very good, including the quality of the bed/mattress, cleanliness, WiFi, breakfast. One major problem I had was that the room smelled like it was doused in the chemical-laden air "freshener" that they use. When I went for dinner, I turned on the A/C as high as I could, and opened the window, thinking this would help. I went to the lobby to ask about moving rooms, but no one was at the desk, so I just lived with it. In the morning, the desk was again empty and could not express my dissatisfaction with the smell.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevman1980

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your booking and the smell in the room. We on occasion call a guest to confirm payment because the credit card on file did not work for us when we tried to do a 1 night pre auth. So to ensure you do not loose the room we see if you may have another one we can use to guarantee it. If you would like to discuss this procedure further please feel free to contact our hotel to speak to our General Manager Mr. Mahal.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

The rooms were clean and the property was well maintained. There is a restaurant on site and the food is good. They have gluten-free options. The exercise room is small, but adequate. The pool was refreshing.

Stayed: September 2017

Thank you very much for the review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed all our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very clean and comfortable Inn. Staff is friendly, check in and out very smooth and seamless. The breakfast is great, something for everyone. Not a fancy thing by far, but clean and adequate.

Stayed: September 2017
GeneralManager1550, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you very much for letting us know about your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you here and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We used the Holiday Inn for a stopover on the way to Banff. The hotel is in a good location with lots of restaurants, shops etc near by.

The hotel itself is bright and fresh and rooms and public areas are cleaned to a high standard.

The breakfast had a good range of items and you could get coffee and drinks to go.

Just to say that only piece of equipment worked in the gym. Good thing it was just me! Nice pool and hot tub to relax in after a long drive too!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna M
GeneralManager1550, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you so much for letting us know how your say was and that you enjoyed all we have to offer. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again.