“Best Coffee in Chemainus!”
Review of Willow Street Cafe

Willow Street Cafe
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Chemainus
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are proud to serve consistent and fresh food prepared daily. Although we do not take reservations, we have a lot of table space and we are quick and efficient at what we do. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I live in Chemainus and go here almost every day for my coffee. The staff are consistently friendly and happy, and the coffee is always delicious. As well, their food and baked goods are the best! If you have a chance, be sure to try one of their cinnamon buns, the best I've ever had!

VitaminandDolphin, Owner at Willow Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

WOW! Thanks Gwynne for awesome recommendation!!! While I never would say we're the "best" at anything, we certainly don't mind hearing it from our guests. It's reviews like yours that give us the shot in the arm that we love to get from time to time! I will make sure our team hears about this as well!

Phil Mavis

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Excellent lunch spot owner operated and everything is made ot order

Hi Linda. Yes our food is simple but it's freshly prepared each day. You visited us back in December so this is an overdue "thank you" for your review.

Warm regards,
Phil and Michelle Mavis
Owners/Operators

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We were vacationing in Sooke and went to Chemainus for the theatre. We had our coffees and lunch at Willow St. Cafe. The service is very friendly and helpful. The food is "down home" and tasty. We would certainly go again if in the area. We were there in April and it was raining, but we could see that they do have outdoor seating where you would see the cute rustic shops and people watch.

Thank you Blessed for the review! I am going out today to powerwash and scrape the patio for its yearly paint job. We're thrilled that you got to see ALL SHOOK UP at the Chemainus Theatre. What an awesome show that was! We loved it too and saw it twice. We look forward to another visit from you in the future!

Phil Mavis
Owner/Operator

Reviewed 7 April 2012

The sunny deck of the Willow Street Cafe was THE spot to take a break from exploring this delightful town. Michelle served us well, adding interesting tidbits about the ingredients (made fresh by hubbie Phil) and how they came to buy this thriving business. The root vegetable soup was outstanding and many rave about the clam chowder. Their warmth and creative, culinary enthusiasm will have us going back and hanging out with them again soon!

Thank you for your review, Meadowsongs. I really enjoyed meeting and chatting with you two as well. Phil is working hard on the deck, getting it painted and ready for another summer season. Hope to see you again someday!

Michelle Mavis
Owner/Operator

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have done some work in Chemainus from time to time and I always make sure to stop in at the Willow Street Cafe. I'm not sure which is better, the food or the service. I usually order the same thing with my own special modifications. The entire staff knows me and my order. They are so friendly. I believe the owner's commitment to quality and service trickles down to every employee which makes for a great experience. Trust me; go there soon. You will not be disappointed.

Hey Danny!

Thanks very much for the review! We are indeed thrilled to see you come to town for we know we're going to share some laughs and smiles! It is fun to see the kitchen and front of house bang off your modified Grilled Chicken and Swiss like you were here every day! Can't wait to see you again soon!

Phil and Michelle Mavis