“Clean and Central Hotel between Edmonton and Calgary.”

Sheraton Red Deer Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My husband and I, who not only travel together but work together too, stayed at the newly renovated Sheraton Red Deer on April 26 and 27, 2012, for a work conference.

Whereas the conference program on the 26th left somethings desired, the hotel itself was very good.

The two buffet lunches I consumed (on two different days) were surprisingly good and the one buffet dinner offered prime rib sliced as so wished and actual smoked salmon, not the fake painted and marinated version.

The rooms were like brand new after a multi million dollar renovation. The 2 queen sized beds, with gloriously inviting white fluffy bedding, made me want to jump into them and on to them like a kid.

The dance floor in the hotel bar was hopping on a Thursday night, but the staff was over zealous in maintaining their command presence early in the evening when evicting a female patron for no reason other than having a good time on one's own in a sparsely populated bar.

As I am not a fan of ongoing county music, I didn't stay at Billy Bob's Country & Western Bar, which is connected to the hotel.

Overall the staff was helpful and efficient.

Parking was free with room and easily accessible.

I would definitely recommend staying here when you are next in Red Deer, Alberta. Bring your cowboy hat and drink lightly.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank SisuGirl2011
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Hello and Thank you for your review.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and appreciated the comfort and relaxation that our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed.
Our food and beverage team takes great pride in their work and create only the best for YOU the guest.
We look forward to your next trip to Red Deer!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

When I was last here 5 or 6 years ago I remember being unimpressed by the dated decore and atmosphere - definitely not the case now! Has a feeling of sophistication and class; room was quite clean (although the top of the headboard and the phones had not been dusted in a while); there was attention to detail (almost) everywhere. Was disappointed with the in-room dining - ordered the Barbero's Burger and the bun was completely soaked through with oil/grease and I had to discard it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Hello and thank you for your review!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel.
Our associates take great pride in their work and attention to detail. Thank you for noticing their efforts. You had pointed out the dusty spots in your room, I will have out housekeeping team take extra care and attention in dusting the areas mentioned. I am sad to hear that your room service meal was not to your expectations. Please reach out to me before your next stay so that I can make this up to you.
Thank you once again, we look forward to your return to Sheraton Red Deer Hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I recently stayed here while attending a conference. The signs in the lobby say the hotel was recently renovated to the tune of $12 million. It shows. The lobby is new and easy to navigate, my room was very well appointed, although the lack of a mini-fridge was a surprise. Everything else looked brand new. The service was very good. Check in was a breeze, check out was even easier, both staff members were very friendly and great to deal with. I didn't use the restaurant or lounge, as meals and drinks were included at the conference, but they looked nice. Next time I need to stay in Red Deer, I'll come back here for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to hear that the check in and check out process was a simple, friendly and painless process for you the guest. We strive for success each and every day and it is clear that by reading your review we achieved our goal.
We look forward to your return to our hotel, and would like to remind you that if ever there is anything you need (like a fridge) please ask.
Thank you once again for your positive review,
GV

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here last weekend, I stayed in one of their beautiful corner suites, which was very clean and welcoming. We went for dinner at Barbero's and the food and service was amazing. Recommend this hotel and all its amenities to everyone. Great service all around, veryaccomadating. Did not hear any of the clubs that are attatched to the hotel, which was very nice. We will definitly be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for your review.
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I can tell you that our Food and Beverage team has been working hard to refresh Barbero's Restaurant. Your comments with regards to service and quality reinforce that our efforts are working, leaving our guests with a quality experience. Thank you once again for visiting Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

The renovations look good, however the rooms are not that well appointed, especially given the hefty rate of over $200/night (before taxes). There is no small or bar fridge in the room, ice only available in the lobby and the cold water tap is warm at best. The hallway is nothing more than a sound chamber - you hear everything and it is loud! Even the room heating system is very loud when it kicks in. The staff are pleasant, which is the only appeal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Joel G, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Hello Aklak,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us!
We are glad to hear that you like our renovations. We do offer mini fridges in our CLUB rooms and suites which is something you may want to look into booking in the future if having a mini fridge is important to you.
I am sorry to hear that your tap water was not cold. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will look further into this matter.
In reading your review, it sounds like you were staying in the Traditional wing of our hotel where unfortunately the ice machine is currently out of service and waiting for parts.
In the tower every floor has an ice machine and our hotel policy is to deliver ice to anyone who asks.
Aklak thank you again for your recent visit and review. Without feedback such as yours, we wouldn't know what we need to improve on.