Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Canada
“Great!”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here while visiting friends. It's a nice, new hotel and I was impressed with the decor - there are lots of touches throughout, both whimsical and stylish . We had a "suite" (not really a suite, though, as there were no walls separating the living from sleeping areas) and appreciated the extra space, mini fridge and microwave. It was quiet, attractive, very clean, and comfortable. The free breakfast was above average and it was nice to have the pool and hot tub (though it could have been a bit hotter). We definitely plan to stay here the next time we're visiting Red Deer!

(Extra tip - the Donut Mill across the street has a wonderful selection of donuts filled with real whipped cream!)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thanks for posting your warm review of our hotel! I am glad to hear you appreciated our décor and the king studio suite! I’m glad you took advantage of our Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast and the pool/hot tub area. We’d love to see you back here the next time you’re in Red Deer!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in to this hotel and the young woman at the front desk was so nice and helpful. My check in was quick and smooth. The room was spacious and clean. Thank you to the young lady and to the hotel for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kkilly
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you for posting your review, I am so happy to hear our front desk agents are showing their “Hamptonality”! I hope you will stay with us again when you’re in Red Deer, and we love having you here!
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Today my husband was driving back to the states, and decided to stop for the day. He went to the Hampton Inn to get a room and was told that was sold out. He asked the clerk " Are you sure your parking lot is empty" She responded "everyone is out" . He said that the way she looked and spoke to him and how fast she dismissed him was very rude.When my husband called me to look for another hotel, I went online and rooms were available at the hotel they had just told him no rooms available. Just to make sure, I called the front desk and she told me that rooms were available for tonight giving me the price and type of accommodations.
I know we do not look "Canadians", we know we are of Hispanic origin and look like Hispanics. However, as American Citizens we feel that my husband was discriminated by the front desk clerk because "she did not like the way he looked"
So, everyone should know that Hampton Inn in Red Deer only has room for the people that the clerk "likes" or look good to her.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rossana M
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate all comments and feedback. However, in speaking with the front desk agent on that evening she said your husband wanted to stay longer than one night and we were in fact sold out the following night. She was willing to give him a room for one night only, but informed him he would have to then check out the next day. He did make the comment about the parking lot being empty, but again we were only sold out the following night.

I am appalled to hear you think she, or anyone here, would discriminate against someone due to how they look or where they are from. We have a very multi-cultural staff in every level and every department and we pride ourselves on being welcoming to everybody. I can assure you no one employed here would ever discriminate against a guest based on their looks or country of origin, and it really disturbs me that you would say that. I encourage you to contact me directly so we can sort this out.

Brittany Stelmack
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer
Alberta
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here for approximately 10 days this month. For the price, my room exceeded my expectations. It was very roomy, had a very comfortable bed and nice sheets! The black out drapes were fantastic. I really enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning, they had everything from omlettes, waffles, sausages, eggs, french toast, dry cereal. Really tasty! The lady who served the breakfast was super friendly, you could tell she enjoyed her job!

The hotel was quiet, I could never hear anything in the hallway. In my room, I would've liked a bathtub instead of a giant shower but that's probably my fault for not saying anything. Would've also been nice to have a few more channels on the tv, I had some difficulty finding shows to watch. Maybe upgrade from basic cable in the future? Having said all that, I definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay at a Hampton in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your pleasant review, I am glad you enjoyed your time with us while doing business in Red Deer! I will certainly pass along your compliments to our breakfast hostess, she will be happy to know people appreciate the job she does!

We are upgrading our TV channels to be in High Definition very soon, and along with that will be increasing our channel selection as well. So look for that in the coming months! Thanks again, and I’m happy to see you love Hampton Inn’s!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We checked in here after walking in and out of the Super 8 in Red Deer. For only 20 more dollars than Super 8 we ended up with a huge king suite in a nice part of town. New hotel, great service, very clean and large selection breakfast in the morning. No disappointment here!

Room Tip: We got a room close to the pool. It was nice to just be able to scoot back to our room after a swim.