“Lots of fun! Great slopes for all skills! ”

Marmot Basin Ski Area
Ranked #7 of 56 things to do in Jasper
More attraction details
Owner description: Marmot Basin, located in Jasper National Park, Alberta provides unparalleled skiing and snowboarding for all ages and all abilities. Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, Marmot Basin offers a family friendly, laid back, crowd free experience with stunning views. The nearby town of Jasper offers a friendly welcome to all with hotels, bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. As well as an unforgettable snow sports experience, there are also many other activities available, including shoe-shoeing, cross-country skiing, dog sledging, winter wildlife tours, canyon walks and much, much more! Once visited, never forgotten, come see us for an authentic Rocky Mountain experience. We look forward to seeing you! Your friends at Marmot Basin.
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We are not the best snowboarders having only been once before, but we loved it here, the staff are happy to help and you can pick it up easy on their smallest slopes, great fun!

All reviews
in 128 reviews
"lesson"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We have gone to Marmot for over 25 years. Hill is nice and simple to ski/board.

Please hire some more staff!!!! I can tell your rental equipment staff is working hard but there aren’t enough and I agree with other posts, service can be knowledgeable or NOT, Service can be good or NOT.

My son started snowboarding this year so used your rentals. The online system for renting is poor as I cannot apply my escape card discount. I try calling the rental phone line and can barely ever reach an employee! I’ve also been told it’s OK you can rent when you get up here.

When we pick up the rentals, equipment is sized wrong at times. We also get different answers depending on which staff member we get. They don’t seem to care whether they’re doing their jobs correctly.

With that said it would be nice to have more staff members to help each other out during the busy times.

I’ve had no problems on the hill with the ski lift attendants. All in area downstairs. (Rentals)

Needless to say I got tired of this inconsistent service so immediately left the hill and bought equipment at totem.

Like I said I don’t like to give a bad review I’m only hoping management reads this.

Also I feel on busy days this hill has outgrown it’s space.
The parking lots are over filled and the lodges are packed with people eating. On quiet days during the week it’s OK.

I’m also disappointed that when we come up on the weekends there’s nothing fun planned. Aren’t weekends for special times? Band playing. A snow castle area to
Ski though. I don’t know I’m not an expert but something to enhance the hill.

Overall I recommend this hill itself for skiing but you may want to rent in Jasper.

Beth M, other at Marmot Basin Ski Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you did not receive the level of service you expected. Could you kindly advise when you visited Marmot Basin? We would like to investigate your concerns as best as possible.

Many thanks,
Beth
Marmot Basin

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Skiing was lots of fun. Good for the beginner/intermediate/advanced skier. Quite Hill to skiing down around Banff. Lots of runs and fairly easy to navigate.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent day of skiing. We lucked out with beautiful weather for January. Staff were friendly. Our kids rentals were great.