All reviews shared bathroom no lift animal heads historic hotel middle of town train station your luggage central location queen room rooms are small stayed for one night comfy bed downtown jasper canadian rockies sink washroom foyer
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for 5 Stars in one of Canada’s greatest National Parks for $150, travel back to 1975. The Atha B is excellent for the price; it offers friendly front desk service, a pub and restaurant, and is located smack in the middle of town. If you’re looking for value, this is it. If you’re looking for a quiet room, go elsewhere and pay more!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I booked the Athabasca Hotel from my home in Ontario. I spoke to someone on the phone who was so pleasant. I was aware of the no elevator and no air conditioning but I was very excited to stay. I really wanted to love this place. Check in was pleasant. Again the place looked very cute. Our room was good sized and clean. We had our own bathroom. Everything was wonderful. We went out for dinner. Came home and went to bed fairly early as we were heading out at 6:00. At 1:20 in the morning I was woken up by a very loud beat over and over again. I had read about Karaoke night on Wednesday but this was SUNDAY night. Then there were people right outside my window (room was on the second floor) yelling and cursing. This went on for quite a while until the police showed up. Someone was taken into custody but the yelling, screaming and cursing continued until 3 am. I mentioned it to the front desk in the morning when I was asked about my stay. I explained that they should make it very clear that the noise from the nightclub continues until very early in the morning. She told me that everyone knows they have a nightclub in the hotel and didn't seem to care at all.
It's too bad because it is a very nice place to stay but the owner needs to make a decision. Do you want to run a hotel or a nightclub?

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

No air conditioning, no elevator, no frills. There weren’t even any plug-ins in the walls to charge your damn phone.

This is a “quaint” motel with dead animals all over their lobby walls. If you stay here in the summer, be prepared to sweat at night while you sleep.

Good luck.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Wednesday night is karaoke night. Karaoke until 2:30 am... so much fun :/

Whilst they do make it clear they have a 'nightclub' you don't expect this to be open on Wednesdays. My room vibrated with the noise. It was the worst night's sleep I've ever had.

Hotel itself is unusual. Very nice aside from the noise. I would avoid if you want a decent sleep - unfortunately.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2018

From booking this hotel to actually staying there the whole experience was positive. We found it very comfortable, fantastically located and a great place to stay for our one night in Jasper.

No Aircon but the ceiling fans were fine and much welcomed, its a bit dated but it added to the charm, great bar downstairs - although rather lively on a Saturday and seems to be the local hotspot with the youngsters in Jasper.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family