See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2014

we have been staying at the Thompson Cottages in Southport Maine for a number of years. Last year we missed our visit..this year we were there for Memorial Day Weekend! What a delight nothing has changed..cabin (we call the Lobster Shack) right on the water, wonderful views, Clean, and welcoming and a King Size bed! Alice and Dick have thought of everything right down to the lobster pot. Can't wait for our next visit..It will be soon!

Room Tip: Our favorite Cottage is the one right on the water, but they do have others that are just across the street that are larger
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathiJ44
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We rented the dockside cottage for a week in July 2009. It was very clean and well appointed. The porch overlooking the dock and Townsend Gut were great. We sat and watched the boats every morning and evening. We docked our small boat right at our back door which was very convenient. From there we explored the coast from Port Clyde to the Kennebec and all points in between. The owners were very thoughtful and attentive; they went above and beyond to make us feel at home.

Room Tip: The dockside cottage is right on the street (a little noisy), but overlooks the water. The other cottages are across the road.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed in the Dockside Cottage that was right on the dock with a deck overlooking the water. It had a wonderful view of the harbor and lobster docks. The cottage was quite large with a full kitchen, living room, and one bedroom. It was very clean and comfortable. Our host, Alice included a free boat ride to Boothbay Harbor and back. Steps from the cottage is Robinson's Wharf Restaurant, so, there is no need to drive to have an excellent lobster dinner with steamers that is perfectly prepared. Also, there is a seafood shop at Robinson's if you prefer to prepare your own dinner. It was a fantastic place to stay and if we are ever in the Boothbay Harbor area again, we will definitely stay at Thompson Cottages again. Thanks Alice and Dick for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misskimmie98
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Alice and Dick were wonderful hosts. My car rental was cancelled at the last minute and no other cars were available from Boston. Alice and Dick investigated options for me and found a bus I could take to Portland (that showed sailing movies) and then changed their plans to drive over an hour to pick me up in Portland. I was very grateful for this- I have no idea how I would have made it to their place without their help. Once there, I found the cabin to be clean and neat with a lovely view of a cove. A very nice experience, and a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Jhebert
Reviewed 23 September 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Lobster Shack (one of the cottages) and it was great! We were on the water and could watch the lobster boats come and go. The cabin was clean and well maintained and had everything you could need. Our host were wonderful and even took us for a boat ride!! Incredible views from our front deck.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple