“Street location for mall food”
Review of Opa Souvlaki

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Opa Souvlaki
Ranked #104 of 211 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I cannot recall ever noticing a street location for Opa! Souvlaki of Greece but, after punching Greek Restaurant into my iPhone, Siri directed me to the front door. Other than a craving for something Greek, I had little else happening on this evening. I am not sure why I was so confused trying to order. I would have thought that my mall expereince would have had me covered. But the cashier was patient and I ordered Calamari, a skewer of lamb and Ceaser Salad. Settling into my newspaper, I realized that I was almost finished the delightful calamari, rice, lamb and salad. No problem, I would just Grab the Salmon Opa Platter as the signage looked so good. Unfortunately, the salmon was dry and almost flavorless. I am not sure why this franchise offers such ineffective cutlery but the forks proved an almost impossible tool for working meat from the skewer. I would charge two cents more and provide plastic cutlery that can handle Greel food more adequately. As for the dry salmon, I should have stuck with the food I know best but, I thought it was worth a shot. In future, I will order Greek food when in a Greek restaurant.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

Greek inspired food, fast service. My wife and I eat here every few months or so. Usually go in for an Opa platter of some variety and the calamari but have tried some of the other offerings. Both eat in and take out have all ways been good. Enjoy the rice and potatoes. For some reason they like to skimp on the Kalamata olives on the Greek salad and use finely crumbled feta. Aside from that no concerns. Think Greek, Think Opa, really the only fast option in town, will keep going back.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

Had the Opa Platter for lunch. Was a huge plateful of Souvlaki, rice,potato,Greek salad and Pita Bread Huge portions make it a good for value lunch for sure.Service was fast and friendly. Thanks guys..will be back again when I'm in town...Come on Opa...open one in Leduc!