I pretty much stay here for a week at a time every month in the winters. The hotel is a little dated, but it is inexpensive. Rooms vary from decent to disappointing. If you're staying by yourself, make sure to book a double room as the paper-thin blankets on the spare bed will come in handy when the "in-room" thermostat doesn't seem to increase the temperature. Wi-fi service is sporatic at best, the fridge in the "kitchenette" I had was warmer than my room and I lost about $40 in groceries within two days. I bought my own frying pan after seeing the 70's throwbacks they supply. The 'Do Not Disturb" door hanger must become transparent when hung outside the door, as the cleaning staff continually start entering between 7-8am, (sometimes they even knock). Weekends are especially entertaining if your the type who enjoys hearing drunk rig workers party 'til the wee hours of the morning un-challenged by management. The rooms are clean and the showers are hot. I guess not much more should be expected for the price. When the economy is hot, this hotel is at capacity with oil workers and answers to no-one. It will be interesting to see if upgrades and service improves now that there is ample vacancy and choice for bargains throughout Grande Prairie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Prairie Stanford Hotel is one of Northern Alberta's largest full-service hotels. The hotel offers 205 rooms featuring full kitchen units, Jacuzzi suites as well as large executive suites. We are conveniently located just 3.2 kilometers form the airport in the center of the Westside shopping district. We proudly offer full-service dining, banquet and meeting rooms, complimentary high speed internet, sauna and fitness facility, guest laundry and free parking for vehicles of all sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stanford Hotels and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanford Hotel Grande Prairie
- Stanford Hotels And Resort Grande Prairie, Alberta