“Basic Lodging, could be happier, you get what you pay for.”

Stanford Hotels and Resort
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Calgary
“Basic Lodging, could be happier, you get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

I pretty much stay here for a week at a time every month in the winters. The hotel is a little dated, but it is inexpensive. Rooms vary from decent to disappointing. If you're staying by yourself, make sure to book a double room as the paper-thin blankets on the spare bed will come in handy when the "in-room" thermostat doesn't seem to increase the temperature. Wi-fi service is sporatic at best, the fridge in the "kitchenette" I had was warmer than my room and I lost about $40 in groceries within two days. I bought my own frying pan after seeing the 70's throwbacks they supply. The 'Do Not Disturb" door hanger must become transparent when hung outside the door, as the cleaning staff continually start entering between 7-8am, (sometimes they even knock). Weekends are especially entertaining if your the type who enjoys hearing drunk rig workers party 'til the wee hours of the morning un-challenged by management. The rooms are clean and the showers are hot. I guess not much more should be expected for the price. When the economy is hot, this hotel is at capacity with oil workers and answers to no-one. It will be interesting to see if upgrades and service improves now that there is ample vacancy and choice for bargains throughout Grande Prairie.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Garagamus
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2009

The Stanford Inn was once again excellent. We had 8 rooms booked with the Tommy Hunter show on our recent visit to Grande Prairie. The hotel staff, as always had everything in order prior to our arrival and have been the greatest ever since we have arrived, We have been here for 3 nights.

The rooms are very clean and the restaurant right beside the hotel has great food as well.

We would recommend the hotel to anyone....

The greatest.

• Liked — user friendly
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

I have just finished my stay with the Stanford. It was quite enjoyable. I met some very friendly and helpful representatives of the hotel and the food was fantastic. They have currently renovated the Restaurant with more planned and it looks great.

Had a drink in their newly renovated Pub and it was quite relaxing.

Thanks for the stay.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
edmonton29
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2008

Just finished a business trip / golf date. The hotel staff were great...gave us jacuzzi suites. Very friendly.

• Liked — Location to airport
  • Disliked — No room service
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Prince George, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2004

A friend and I had breakfst at the restaurant there, Delmonicos I think is the name . Well I have never been treated so rude, the waitresses seem to have no smile and it is like they have been there too long and not into customer service at all, I will be cantacting them tomorrow and will tell them what it was like and they had better change something pretty soon, I am surprised they are still open with there attitude towards customers it was just plain awful and there were 3 or 4 waitresses and they were all they same. The food was just as bad as the service I don't where the chef is but I am certain they were not there, just awful food and how can you go wrong with eggs but they did succeed, I can tell you I will never darken their doors and my friend either. If it was the only restaurant there I would leave town and find food elsewhere, it is really too bad because I was at this restaurant a few years back and it was very good but that is no longer the case, very sad for sure. Well I have vented for today and I will contact them tomorrow. Thank You for hearing me out.
Signing off