“Matrix Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary
“Matrix Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I did not have the greatest experience at the Matrix Hotel last week while attending meetings. The service in the lounge was very slow. The reservation department had me checking out one night sooner than I was supposed to be. I had grabbed a Starbucks coffee (which is located in the base of the hotel but has an outside access) and was quickly accosted by a hotel staff member when I was heading back to the meeting room. They stated it was strictly against policy to take outside food into the meeting rooms. I wasn't willing to accept that and took it in anyways. The last thing was that the sheet on my bed was not fitted on the mattress and each morning I woke up to discover I was lying directly on the exposed mattress as the sheet had pulled off.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
matrix_gm, General Manager at Matrix Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Kent:

Thank you for staying with Matrix Hotel, and for your comments.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I do apologize that your reservation was not correct, and I am also sorry to hear about your interaction with our Banquets team. While we do not permit outside food and beverage in our meeting space, as is the policy of most hotels, a Starbucks beverage is certainly permitted. We will be sure to follow-up with our Banquets team. My apologies, also, that your sheets were not fitted properly on your bed. We will also follow-up with our Housekeeping team in this regard.

Thank you again for your feedback, which is critical to improving our guests' experience, and should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pr [at] matrixedmonton.com.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,
Nicholas Wilson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My fiance lives in Edmonton and I went to visit him over the Easter weekend at the Matrix Hotel and we very happy with it. The room was clean and the king size bed was so comfortable. It was hard to get out of it. We almost missed breakfast a couple of times! lol...anyhow, our fridge was full and there were snacks and such in the suite. There was free Wi-Fi so I was able to save on my phone's data usage which was such a big help. The breakfast was so plentiful and varied each day. You couldn't walk away from that spread still feeling famished. The hotel was so close to everything and within walking distance of the malls and such. I am only faintly familiar with the city so the staff was very helpful when I needed to find a nail salon preferably within walking distance. When we were interested in seeing a bit more of the hotel and requested to see the banquet rooms, someone immediately gave us a tour and a catering/events package afterward. It was good information to know just in case we would like to throw a birthday party or simple gathering sometime in the future.

We also checked out the gym which was small but had an ellipticle machine and treadmill as resistance equipment and free weights and a bench. It was clean and didn't look like anyone had used it recently.

Also, the area where the breakfast was served had a lot of seating and another area off to the side overlooking the lobby with comfy leather chairs and a huge coffee table where larger groups could also eat or just simply lounge. Really nice modern decor.

Like I said, the staff was very helpful and friendly and it is in a great location. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Matrix for a week in January. We had nothing but superb service! Our room was very comfortable, clean and well-equipped. Breakfast was good and varied each day and a variety of hot beverages was always available. We also enjoyed the wine tasting sessions each evening.

The staff were very friendly and professional and always willing to help. Special thanks to Jay for going that extra mile to make us feel really welcome and making our stay comfortable even though we were thousands of miles away from home! The hotel is ideally located and well-connected transportation wise with a prompt taxi service on site and an LRT station only a short walk away.

We couldn’t ask for anything more, the service at the Hotel Matrix was first class! I would definitely stay there again and thoroughly recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Banff National Park, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

the grey rooms with a sliding bathroom door offer reasonably comfortable rooms for a rather high price in a great central location downtown edmonton. The terriffic buffet breakfast (included) makes this an ok choice. Good beds and bedding. The usual ammenities. Nice but higher priced restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
matrix_gm, General Manager at Matrix Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear 10000elle,

Thank you for your review, and for staying with Matrix Hotel. I was pleased to read that you seemed to enjoy the majority of your stay. Please note that our rates do fluctuate as they do at most hotels, and typically we have some of the lowest rates available in downtown Edmonton amongst the luxury hotels that are comparable. I am glad that you enjoyed our amenities, such as our luxury bedding and complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pr [at] matrixedmonton.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Regards,
Nicholas Wilson
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My husband and I own rental properties in Edmonton, so we are in the city every 6 weeks or so. When we're there overnight we always stay at the Matrix Hotel. Beautiful lobby, helpful staff, and very nice rooms. The beds are comfortable, shower is great and it's in a great location for restauarants and the LRT if you want to go right down Jasper. The value at this hotel is excellent as it's about the same price or slightly more, but includes free parking and a deluxe continental breakfast which has always been great but improved even more in the last couple of months we've been there. It's great for business or for family - I would highly recommend it. Lower prices on the weekend!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business