Matrix Hotel
US$ 150
US$ 127
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 141/night.

Days Inn Edmonton South(Edmonton)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 104
US$ 99
Delta Hotels
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 113/night.

US$ 101
US$ 108
US$ 89
Official Hotel
US$ 186
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
2,953 results
All reviewswine tastingwildflower grillplatinum suitefree parkingdowntown edmontongreat hotelfree wine and cheesebreakfast buffetmini barbusiness tripbathroom doorcentral locationrooms are cleana great stayenjoyed my stayhome away from homefront desk staff
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Our visit was brief (one night) and after having had eye surgery, my vision was limited so we definitely want to return. The room was very clean & nice although sounds can easily be heard from rooms above and beside - we slept fine regardless. The complimentary wine & cheese is a very nice touch as is the continental breakfast. We ordered room service from the Wildflower Grill which was very tasty although not as hot by the time it reaches the room. All in all a very nice hotel which we plan to return to in the near future!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We always choose Matrix for our weekend getaway. Cool hotel, nice rooms, close to evening hotspots, good price, overall excellent value. Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Room Tip: Wake up early enough for the free breakfast
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave M
matrix_gm, General Manager at Matrix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Dave M.:

Thank you very much for your kind words, and we appreciate your repeated patronage. We always enjoying hearing about our guests' experiences, and we will be sure to share your thoughts as posted, and other reviewers', with our team.

With regards to our complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast, I am pleased to hear you enjoy it. We have very recently improved it, and now feature hot oatmeal, soy milk, and many other enhancements!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards,
Nicholas Wilson

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Our stay at the Matrix was impressive. We had excellent customer service, very close parking and dinner at the Wildflower was amazing from appetizer to dessert! I will stay here every time! Thank you!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I have stayed at the Matrix three times in the past six months for 3-4 days in a row each time while on business. I really like the Matrix and I find the 3.5 star rating to be accurate and would even call it close to a four star. I have stayed at other downtown hotels (of a similar quality) and would choose the Matrix first. Some others have a pool and the Matrix does not, this may be an issue for some.

I have stayed in both the king suites as well as the standard suites (with two doubles or were they queens?). Both rooms are similar and decorated very stylishly and trendy. I believe size wise the standard suite appeared larger. Both suites came with a mini fridge (stocked with for purchase items). The first time I stayed there I was in a room located right next to the gym. Unfortunately there was an early riser who clanged the weights down heavily after every set. This was annoying and woke me up three days in a row. Overall the rooms were good, perhaps somewhat small and the beds wer comfortable. The tv and the remote are somewhat difficult to use and a colleague had difficulties getting the tv on.

The gym itself is fairly standard to above standard for hotel quality.

Two very good aspects about the Matrix are the included breakfast and wine tasting. Although the breakfast by no means had a a large selection it was good and had two/three hot selections ie. Eggs, potatoes, sausages along with juices, cereals, breads/muffins and fresh fruit, yogurt and granola. The coffee machine is very good offering different selections. The first two mondays had eggs benedict, which was the best. Unfortunately the last week I was there they changed the menu and didn't serve my eggs benny. The wine tasting in the afternoon was great as well, offering choices of three wines (mostly $10-$15 wines). For no cost each person can sample two glasses. A small selection of snakes are also offered (cheese, crackers, tortilla chips, salsa).

I found the people and service at the Matrix to be satisfactory and even more so in the dining/ bar area. The hotel also has a business centre with access to two computers and a printer. Front desk faxed a letter for me for no charge.

Parking at the Matrix is bad and is my only true beef with the place. The hotel itself only has a handful of parking spots (maybe 20) and then makes use of a private parking lot behind the hotel. Although I had no issues I was minimally concerned about vehicle security during my stays.

Overall the Matrix is my #1 choice in DT Edmonton and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have stayed here for the past three years, quite consistently, when in downtown Edmonton and must say it's my "go to hotel." Chic, hip, sort of feels as if regular travellers stay here for a reason. Breakfast is fabulous & the after work wine and cheese is welcoming and creates a sense of community. The manager pays attention to feedback and is eager to hear the truth...I appreciate that!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business