“Very Nice Local Pub”

Duggans Boundary Irish Pub
Ranked #416 of 2,762 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We've passed this pub countless times over the last few years and decided to have dinner there. We were unaware that the first Monday night of the month was Trivia Night and the place was mobbed. It took some time before a table became available and we quickly grabbed it. Service was slow, but understandable due to the night's activity. Our waitress acknowledged us and we told her that there was no rush to order. My wife and I ordered the Fish & Chips special which were two pieces of fried fish with fries. It was really good. I had a locally brewed beer and my wife had a glass of wine. The atmosphere inside had a cool vibe, with a majority of the customers being locals and university students. I will definitely return to Duggans on my next trip to Edmonton.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

My father in law insisted on taking me for supper at Duggans, he often goes for lunch and enjoys the steak sandwich which he tells me is excellent.
I decided on British comfort food and opted for cottage pie.
The cottage pie sounded so good he decided to have one also.
They were both disappointing, the meat layer was dry and the mash potato was even drier. We requested a side of gravy to add to the pie to make it more palatable. The flavour was muted and required salt (I never add salt at the table) and pepper to bring out the flavour.
The server was very helpful and attentive even though it was only her second shift she took care of our needs
I will go again but will have the F-I-L recommended steak sandwich!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Stopped by here for supper last evening. There were 7 of us, 2 of them were children. We were there by 5 as we had a theater performance to attend at 7 p.m. The server was excellent. All of our food was really delicious, from the Mini Yorkies to the Rueben sandwich, to the Beef Dips & our 6 year old who gobbled up 7 out of 10 of the honey garlic wings. Our other child had a hot dog which was a foot long when it came with melted cheese, onion frites & bacon on top plus fries. He was valiant & managed to eat 7/8ths of it before he had to stop eating. We were all really impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the food was great & the ambiance was just what an Irish pub would be. We will return for more of this nice little pub!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I have driven by many times and always thought I should try this spot soI came in with friends the other night, and I am glad that I did. It is a wonderful, quaint real neighbourhood pub. Low key, very welcoming, great charm. The Guinness is poured well and the basic pub food hits the spot.

I enjoyed it and will be back.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My mom and I go here often. We usually have the same awesome server. She’s super sweet and attentive. The food is consistently good, and I think the pizza and poutine have to be my favourites! Overall just a cool neighbourhood pub kind of feel. Love it!