“Appetizers were delicious!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Place LaRue
Cross street: 178th St.
Transit: Chop is accessible by the 114, 317, and is a short walk from the 14.
Description: Located in the Sandman Hotel on Stony Plain Road, Chop Steakhouse & Bar is minutes from West Edmonton Mall. Visit us for a steak dinner and a glass of wine.
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Being a part of a bridal party was so exhausting that between photos and dinner, we ran into Chopped for a snack. Myself and three others ordered the vegetable tempura, steak bites, Ahi Tuna tataki and the fire roasted chicken wings and it really hit the spot. The tempura came with a wasabi aioli that was just so delicious that we cleared out the portion that they gave us but my absolute favourite was the Ahi Tuna. My mouth is watering just thinking of it! The service was great and efficient; no complaints. I would visit again.

ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Big_sexy97,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. It is so amazing to hear how much you loved the food and your experience. I'll be sure to share your kind words with my team as I'm sure it will make them just as happy as it has made me. Please come back and visit us again soon and ask for me when you do, so that I may swing by and thank you in person.

-Marissa Dingle / Senior Assistant Manager
Chop Steakhouse & Bar - West Edmonton

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner as we were staying at a hotel nearby, best decision ever!!! We enjoyed every bite, chili garlic prawns were delicious, I had the sirloin oscar, my husband had the 12 oz striploin, the steaks were cooked perfectly and we both had the amazing lobster mashed potatoes. Our server Doneca was awesome, she was attentive, had a great sense of humour and the excellent service we received from her really made this a special night, at the end of the meal she brought us a beautiful anniversary dessert. It was our first visit to Chop but definitely not our last, we will be back on our next visit to Edmonton!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I've been staying in a hotel for a couple of weeks and decided to treat myself to a nice steak dinner. I definitely hit the right place - steak was delicious, perfectly cooked. The French onion soup was rich and cheesy and perfect for a cold rainy day. And the side veggies with the steak were so good - best mashed potatoes I've had in ages. Sounds silly, but they were just perfect. The dining room is well appointed and staff are swift and courteous without being in your face.

I'd like to take my family here when they visit if the chef wouldn't mind cooking a well done steak for them :)

Overall, nice spot, well cooked food.

ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Melissa D,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. I am beyond thrilled to hear you had such an amazing visit with us and I do hope to see you back again soon. Please ask for me when you come back with your family as I'd love to come by and say hello and thank you in person for your kind words.

-Marissa Dingle / Assistant Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Great restaurant - don't be deceived by the fact that it shares an entrance (at least during construction) with Denny's in a strip mall. Went with business colleague. Steaks not quite on par with Morton's or other really high end steak house, but almost. Cooked perfectly and for a better price. Caesar salad, appetizers and drinks all excellent. Service (Doneca) was super friendly and helpful. Dining room well done - a little quiet, but bar looked good and lively, even on a Wednesday. Overall definitely would go back (other than the fact that I'm in Denver).

ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

James J,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. I am so thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with us and I will be sure to share your kind words with Doneca as I'm sure it'll make her as happy as it has made me. Please ask for me the next time you are in Edmonton as I'd love to meet you and thank you in person.

-Marissa Dingle / Assistant Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Difficult to locate as construction was happening. Meeting for lunch. 2 ordered the lunch special which was 1/2 bun and Caesar salad and 2 ordered the Caesar Salad with chicken. The dressing was not hat we expected and far too much. Our server was very friendly and pleasant, the facility as clean as well as the restrooms. Food prices were pricey for what you received.

ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

meechuk,

Thank you for sending us your feedback. I apologize for the mediocre quality you received here at Chop. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience and show you the quality we can truly deliver to our guests. At your earliest convenience, could you please send me your contact information to westedmonton@chop.ca so that I can reach out to you as soon as possible?

Marissa Dingle / Assistant Manager