“Excellent Meal and Service!!!!”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Place LaRue
Cross street: 178th St.
Transit: Chop is accessible by the 114, 317, and is a short walk from the 14.
Description: Located in the Sandman Hotel on Stony Plain Road, Chop Steakhouse & Bar is minutes from West Edmonton Mall. Visit us for a steak dinner and a glass of wine.
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner as we were staying at a hotel nearby, best decision ever!!! We enjoyed every bite, chili garlic prawns were delicious, I had the sirloin oscar, my husband had the 12 oz striploin, the steaks were cooked perfectly and we both had the amazing lobster mashed potatoes. Our server Doneca was awesome, she was attentive, had a great sense of humour and the excellent service we received from her really made this a special night, at the end of the meal she brought us a beautiful anniversary dessert. It was our first visit to Chop but definitely not our last, we will be back on our next visit to Edmonton!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I've been staying in a hotel for a couple of weeks and decided to treat myself to a nice steak dinner. I definitely hit the right place - steak was delicious, perfectly cooked. The French onion soup was rich and cheesy and perfect for a cold rainy day. And the side veggies with the steak were so good - best mashed potatoes I've had in ages. Sounds silly, but they were just perfect. The dining room is well appointed and staff are swift and courteous without being in your face.

I'd like to take my family here when they visit if the chef wouldn't mind cooking a well done steak for them :)

Overall, nice spot, well cooked food.

Date of visit: August 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Melissa D,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. I am beyond thrilled to hear you had such an amazing visit with us and I do hope to see you back again soon. Please ask for me when you come back with your family as I'd love to come by and say hello and thank you in person for your kind words.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Great restaurant - don't be deceived by the fact that it shares an entrance (at least during construction) with Denny's in a strip mall. Went with business colleague. Steaks not quite on par with Morton's or other really high end steak house, but almost. Cooked perfectly and for a better price. Caesar salad, appetizers and drinks all excellent. Service (Doneca) was super friendly and helpful. Dining room well done - a little quiet, but bar looked good and lively, even on a Wednesday. Overall definitely would go back (other than the fact that I'm in Denver).

Date of visit: August 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

James J,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. I am so thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with us and I will be sure to share your kind words with Doneca as I'm sure it'll make her as happy as it has made me. Please ask for me the next time you are in Edmonton as I'd love to meet you and thank you in person.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Difficult to locate as construction was happening. Meeting for lunch. 2 ordered the lunch special which was 1/2 bun and Caesar salad and 2 ordered the Caesar Salad with chicken. The dressing was not hat we expected and far too much. Our server was very friendly and pleasant, the facility as clean as well as the restrooms. Food prices were pricey for what you received.

Date of visit: June 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

meechuk,

Thank you for sending us your feedback. I apologize for the mediocre quality you received here at Chop. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience and show you the quality we can truly deliver to our guests. At your earliest convenience, could you please send me your contact information to westedmonton@chop.ca so that I can reach out to you as soon as possible?

Marissa Dingle / Assistant Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I travel more than most people and I am a creature of habit. I usually stay on the West side of Edmonton and the Chop Restaurant is close. I went there in early June on business with a co-worker. We had a great server, with a really good attitude. We ordered the Steak-bites (great appie) and some drinks. We both ordered Prime Rib for our meals. Both our meals were over-cooked, but the attitude of this restaurant made up for it. The offered to re-cook. We both turned that down as I feel this is wasteful. Not only did the manager take the meals off our bill, but they gave us certificates for Prime Rib (cooked to perfection) for our next visit. I thought this was over and above which is why I keep coming back. Can you get better meals elsewhere? Yes, but this place will continue to be a regular stop for me. Good wine selection, a nice bar area to watch a game, and awesome service. I will be back!

Date of visit: June 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Douglas S,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. Although I am disappointed to hear that your meals were overcooked, I am thrilled to hear that my team was able to make up for our mistake. The next time you come in, please ask for me, as I'd love to say hello in person, and thank you for your loyalty and feedback. Look forward to seeing you again soon.