“Great food and service”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Place LaRue
Cross street: 178th St.
Transit: Chop is accessible by the 114, 317, and is a short walk from the 14.
Description: Located in the Sandman Hotel on Stony Plain Road, Chop Steakhouse & Bar is minutes from West Edmonton Mall. Visit us for a steak dinner and a glass of wine.
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Great restaurant - don't be deceived by the fact that it shares an entrance (at least during construction) with Denny's in a strip mall. Went with business colleague. Steaks not quite on par with Morton's or other really high end steak house, but almost. Cooked perfectly and for a better price. Caesar salad, appetizers and drinks all excellent. Service (Doneca) was super friendly and helpful. Dining room well done - a little quiet, but bar looked good and lively, even on a Wednesday. Overall definitely would go back (other than the fact that I'm in Denver).

Date of visit: August 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

James J,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. I am so thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience with us and I will be sure to share your kind words with Doneca as I'm sure it'll make her as happy as it has made me. Please ask for me the next time you are in Edmonton as I'd love to meet you and thank you in person.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Difficult to locate as construction was happening. Meeting for lunch. 2 ordered the lunch special which was 1/2 bun and Caesar salad and 2 ordered the Caesar Salad with chicken. The dressing was not hat we expected and far too much. Our server was very friendly and pleasant, the facility as clean as well as the restrooms. Food prices were pricey for what you received.

Date of visit: June 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

meechuk,

Thank you for sending us your feedback. I apologize for the mediocre quality you received here at Chop. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience and show you the quality we can truly deliver to our guests. At your earliest convenience, could you please send me your contact information to westedmonton@chop.ca so that I can reach out to you as soon as possible?

Marissa Dingle / Assistant Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I travel more than most people and I am a creature of habit. I usually stay on the West side of Edmonton and the Chop Restaurant is close. I went there in early June on business with a co-worker. We had a great server, with a really good attitude. We ordered the Steak-bites (great appie) and some drinks. We both ordered Prime Rib for our meals. Both our meals were over-cooked, but the attitude of this restaurant made up for it. The offered to re-cook. We both turned that down as I feel this is wasteful. Not only did the manager take the meals off our bill, but they gave us certificates for Prime Rib (cooked to perfection) for our next visit. I thought this was over and above which is why I keep coming back. Can you get better meals elsewhere? Yes, but this place will continue to be a regular stop for me. Good wine selection, a nice bar area to watch a game, and awesome service. I will be back!

Date of visit: June 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Douglas S,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. Although I am disappointed to hear that your meals were overcooked, I am thrilled to hear that my team was able to make up for our mistake. The next time you come in, please ask for me, as I'd love to say hello in person, and thank you for your loyalty and feedback. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

My family (3 of us on a Tuesday night at 730pm) arrived for our reservation. We waited a few minutes before someone greeted us. Two very friendly servers escorted us to our table. We looked over the menu and our servers came back to take our order. My wife ordered the prime rib only to be advised the restaurant ran out of prime rib. So while my wife relooked over the menu to choose another option, my son ordered a rib eye steak. My son was advised the restaurant ran out of rib eye steak. So no food … no customers. Thanks for spoiling our family dinner and celebration. We will always remember this non dining experience.

Date of visit: May 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Todd O,

Thank you so much for sending us your feedback. I am deeply apologetic that we let you down on Tuesday night and it is completely unacceptable that this happened. If I were you, I'd be equally as upset and disappointed and I am beyond embarrassed that we could not give you and your family the great experience we aim to give our guests here at Chop. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about your visit and make things right. At your earliest convenience, could you please send me your contact information to westedmonton@chop.ca so that I may reach out to you as soon as possible?

Marissa Dingle / Assistant Manager

Reviewed 11 May 2018

My wife's milestone birthday celebration. Won't say how old. LOL Had never been to this restaurant, and wanted to find something new. Searched internet for best restaurant in Edmonton and this place came up. Very glad we found it, was wonderful. Great food and our server was great (Taya). Also had a chat with the general manager, also very pleasant. Great atmosphere . Our anniversary is coming up, and we will be going there for sure. Cheese cake for desert with Happy Birthday Message.

Date of visit: May 2018
ChopWestGM, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Ken T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback. It's so amazing to hear that Taya made your wife's birthday such a special and memorable day. I will be sure to share your kind words with her as I'm positive it will make her as happy as it has made me. We look forward to seeing you back on your anniversary!