“You had me at cherry coke”

Dadeo Diner and Bar
Ranked #14 of 2,642 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Strathcona
Description: A unique dining experience serving Cajun and Creole cuisine. The sweet potato fries come highly recommended.
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I love the po' boys here as well as the cherry and vanilla coke. The complimentary biscuits with jalapeno jelly are yummy too. ***Note - this restaurant only serves 18 years and up***

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Good place nice staff. Retro decor made to look like 50s best Cajun food in the city I suggest southern fried chicken or seafood jumbulia (yes I know I can't spell that) for dessert try bananas foster

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is not a place for families although from the outside most families are fooled. I used to like going to Dadeo when I was in university. It was a cheap filling meal. They changed their sweet potato fries recipe to one found in Canada vs. New Orleans. I have been to NOLA twice now and the food at Dadeo does not remind me of NOLA. I would recommend Louisiana Purchase if you are looking for New Orleans' flavour.

The reason for my low rating are the following: although they have vegetarian meals, the kitchen is not clean enough to prevent cross contamination. My vegetarian friends cannot go here do to the kitchen situation. The sweet potato fries used to be the best in Edmonton, now they are sadly like every other place you go - some type of coating on them that does not enhance flavour. I have gotten sick eating here twice. I am not a vegetarian and loved their po'boys when I was in university. I took a friend here when he was visiting from Calgary and I was sick the next day. I gave it another chance and had the same problem.
The manager (owner?) does not treat the staff very well and it is reflected in the service and food.
This bar could be so good but it needs to overhaul the kitchen in terms of cleaning, and creating area to keep meat and veggies separated. They should also be more open to having families.

2  Thank RedDaisy007
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I have been enjoying Dadeo for years, and have never been disappointed. We came on this particular night right after a play at the Fringe, and were so grateful to get in immediately. Dadeo often has a long wait time as it is well-loved and has limited seating. I would recommend always making a reservation to make sure you don't miss out. Please note, no children! This place is 18+. If you have children, don't give up, just order your food to go! It is definitely worth it.

We devoured their featured appetizer, fried green tomatoes, with a delightful spicy cajun dipping sauce. We both had po-boys for supper. My catfish po-boy with potato hash was tasty and satisfying, with just the right amount of cajun kick. My hubby had their wonderful sweet potato fries as his side, handmade and the best in town! I always have trouble deciding between these two sides: they are both wonderful.

And make sure to leave room for their pecan pie! So good!!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

In general, it's not bad. It does offer the New Orleans type of flavor.... but still need some improvements, such as, the fried oysters in my order were not good - dry and burnt a bit, and not much oyster in it