“Outstanding Thai : Unique with deep flavour”

Boualouang Laos & Thai Cuisine
Ranked #56 of 2,661 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: McCauley
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I hate rice. I'm Indian by ancestry and grew up on it, and usually I won't eat it.

Same goes for curry.

But Damn. The 'coconut rice' and the flavour of the seafood curry just overpowered my dislike of this food.

There was this crispy chicken dish that was fried without being greasy.

I was so upset this was a business meal because I wanted to take pictures and get those leftovers!

Eat here.

Decor is upscale too so it made a good spot for a business meeting despite the food being a delicious distraction.

1  Thank Paul N

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Great authentic food but not the best service(it can be a hit and miss). The food is always great very flavourful and filling. You get every dollars worth. We have been going here for years and our family and kids love this place.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Food is authentic, very tasty Thai food, portion is fair. Little on the pricy side but it's worth it since there aren't that many good authentic Thai place in Edmonton. Don't expect too notch service, but the server gets the job done.

Would recommend and go back again...

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I finally got back to the Boualouang in Edmonton in late January. This time I took my daughter and we enjoyed it all. More than we could eat, so we got the balance boxed up to take home. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!!

1  Thank Nifty
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This place has very tasty Thai food. It is quite expensive, the room is very small, the service is not that great. Take a lot of cash with you as they do not accept credit cards or debit. They do have an ATM conveniently right in this small space.. coincidence?