“Very good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central McDougall
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

In terms of Americanized Chinese food this is truly one of the good places in Edmonton. Amy’s dry chicken is my favourite and the food and ambience are very good

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Party of five with special seating requirements for a wheelchair handled beautifully. Varied menu and our first visit so we chose the preselected deluxe option for four (increased to accommodate five). Included a nice variety and we enjoyed all of the dishes very much. The food was fresh, tasty and not at all greasy. The service was attentive and pleasant. All in all a very good experience - we will return!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Having lived in Edmonton many years ago I undertook a trip down memory lane. A craving for Chinese food made me think of my old favorite place of times past. Not disappointed , the food portions enormous and amazing flavour . Think it is still amazing value and love it's wonderful throw back decor. Don't miss this place! I will when I get home

1  Thank Craig G
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The restaurant is gorgeous! The interior is beautifully decorated with imperial wall papers, lanterns, carvings and much more...
The service was phenomenal! The restaurant owners worked as hard as their servers and made us feel very welcome.
The food was good, we ate the dinner buffet. Good selection. If you are looking for an authentic Chinese restaurant, SKIP. But if you are looking for westernized Chinese, then this is your stop. Everything was lightly fried or battered. Your meal came with free non-alcoholic beverages, wonton soup, and dessert.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I heard alot of this restaurant and decided to drop by and see for myself. The service was very good, and the owner dropped by our table to welcome us. Saying that, we ordered Chicken in black bean sauce, and what we received was black bean chicken, definately not the same, and the chicken was largely cut, and we bit into it and in some pices we bit into chicken bones, there were no vegtables with the dish, and did not find it tasty. We also ordered Lemon chicken, and that was very good, but found it very greasy. The quantity on the plates were very good. Looking at the menu we found prices very high. The restaurant does not open during the afternoon for lunch and only opens at 5:00 P.M., and really if you do not work downtown Edmonton, you would have to fight the trafic if you want to have a diner prior to 6:00 P.M.
Would have to say, that I would not dine there again.

Date of visit: June 2018