“nice atmosphere in a renovated old warehouse.”
Review of Characters

Characters
Reserve with OpenTable
Characters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 37
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Restaurants come and go. The good ones last for years. Characters Fine Dining has been at the heart of Edmonton's downtown restaurant scene for over 15 years.The seasonal menu allows not only for the freshest produce to be served but also for owner, Chef Shonn to take the diners' experience to the next level by exposing their taste buds to contemporary dishes inspired by his extensive training in European, Asian and continental Canadian Cuisine. Located in a restored warehouse on 105th street, the simple elegance of the dining room is resonated by the copper finishing, brick walls and wood beams.
Reviewed 22 December 2011

good food, good service, good prices, picturesque old wood beams from old days.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

Wow food was fantastic, and the private 'elevator shaft' table was great for that special dinner. Very recommended for any special occasion!

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Fois Gras, Veal, Sea Bass... I'm not a radical, but have decided to try to order more discriminatingly at restaurants. It's tough to do at Characters. My last two visits, I reluctantly ordered the filet mignon and felt a little like I was copping out.

They always impress, but I can't help but think they'd blow my mind with some free-range and conscientious items. Just saying'

Reviewed 13 November 2011

We went for supper. The service was appalling. We waited 45 minutes for our meal. I had a tuna steak with ratatouille- the presentation was horrible, a tuna steak in the middle of unappetising vegetables drowning in some kind of balsamic vinegar sauce. I know tuna is seared so never hot- but this was cold. My friend and the sea bass and she said it was no better. Desserts were also disappointing- my pumpkin creme brulee had way too much sugar toffee on top, my friends ice cream was served in a brick which the restaurant thought was very clever- I thought it looked very inelegant. Apparently there were two parties going on, one for 40 and one for 20- perhaps this is why our experience was so bad. I won't be going back.

1  Thank luluheart
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We attended a private wedding at Characters who provided a variety of sumptuous appetizers. Everyone we spoke with at this reception were extremely complimentary about the taste, selection and presentation of the food. We certainly did not need a full meal - all the appetizers served were more than adequate. We have not been to this restaurant for dinner but will definitely try it in the near future. Staff were extremely pleasant, helpful and efficient.