“Just keep going back for food ( and drink)”

Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #257 of 2,762 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner
Description: "Not your typical pub" A warm and inviting atmosphere with of course great beer, wine and spirits but also excellent food, prepared fresh in-house. Try our Maple Cider Salmon or Roslare Lamb Shank. Or if a burger is what you have in mind you will not be disappointed there either. Located in downtown Edmonton in City Centre Mall (the new arena district), beside Landmark Cinemas 9. LRT: Churchill or Bay Station, or park in the Bay indoor parkade/City Centre West Parkade and take the elevator up. We are open LATER than City Centre Mall. Access also available through the Delta Centre Suites Hotel.
Reviewed 17 October 2016

This is my favorite restaurant/pub. Food is as good as it gets. Guiness and steak pie is especially tasty. I had one in Ireland and the taste is as same as the original! Also Fish and chips is, I believe, best in town. I might had a luck when I had it. But the way it was cooked, it was excellent. This pub know how to make a good Irish Coffee as well. Just ask if they can make it authentic Irish Coffee. Sometimes, they forget cream top on the drink. Overall, this is my favorite restaurant in Edmonton!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Went for lunch with my friend downtown on a Sunday. Almost nothing was open. We came across Fionn MacCool's and ended up having a great lunch.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

A reserved table of eight; even though we arrived for our lunch an hour early, we were sat at our table right away. Service was fast and pleasant. The atmosphere was homey with nice Irish music playing. Sure didn't feel like I was sitting on the top floor of City Centre :)

I had the steak and mushroom pie. Very rustic Irish Pub food - thick crust and steaming hot. It came to the table very hot - I actually had to wait for it to cool down a bit (which was hard because it smelled so good). The pastry was very flaky and tender - even the bottom of the pie had a bit of structure to it (not soggy as expected). The dark Guinness gravy in the pie was amazing! Steak was very tender and the button mushrooms flavourful.

The pie itself was plated on top of and to the side of mashed potatoes, which were also topped and circled by a bit of gravy. The potatoes themselves weren't that great (after tasting the pie I wasn't sure if they were real or not) but they tasted better with that lovely gravy on them

Very filling and very tasty lunch - I walked away happy. The only thing that would have made it better, would be to have a few steamed green veggies on the side (just to ease the guilt of eating all that pastry and gravy lol).

The washrooms were clean and easy to get to. On the way back to the table I noticed that they have a little stage there for musicians. Looks like a fun place to hang out to relax and listen live music - I'll have to keep my eye open to see what kind of music they have there.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I took friends here for dinner on a recent stay to Edmonton. The restaurant was not busy likely due to the fact that it was evening hours on a weeknight. To start with two of the items on a specialty appetizer menu were unavailable so we didn't have a great start. Once did order, the food arrived hot and fresh and the main courses were quite good. The Irish music playing was the draw for me and setting that traditional irish feel was what I had been looking for but the fact that the pub was so quiet meant a bit of a disappointment. Dessert arrived with the bread pudding burnt after having spent too much time in the deep fryer which I found odd since I'd never encountered deep fried bread pudding before. The apple cobbler was excellent. Overall the prices were reasonable and it is evident that the restaurant has the potential to be very good meaning that I would be willing to try it again on a busier night.

Mat J, Guest Relations Manager at Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Dear Solittletime2travel,

First of all, thank you for visiting our pub! Although I was had already left on the day you visited, I did hear about your bread pudding the next day. I am glad the server looked after it for you. This dessert is meant to be lightly deep fried which adds a nice touch to an otherwise traditional dessert. In your case, we obviously left it in too long. When done right, it can be quite tasty so hopefully you get a chance to try it again. I would also like to appologise for running out of some of the menu items you were interested in. We have been quite busy with the opening of the new Rogers Place Arena next door and because so many items are made fresh, in-pub, it's been a challenge to keep up. Thanks again for your comments and for visiting us. Cheers!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

The décor and service are average. The food is a mix of Irish and East Indian. I had a curry dish - the portion was small and it was edible (nothing special by any means). Hubs had the quarter chicken and it was average. Smothered in sauce and tender. There selection of draft is limited. We also had bread and cheese sauce to start - most definitely could have skipped this.

1  Thank Vanessa P