“Best Sushi Restaurant in Edmonton”

Kabuki Sushi & Grill
Ranked #610 of 2,661 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

I have had lunch and dinner at Kabuki many times for the past 5 years. The quality has always been good, however this year, it seems that the chefs at Kabuki have upped the ante from an already high standard and brought the shape and taste of sushi to the level of art. The raw fish is always fresh and absolutely delicious. The cooked seafood is excellent as well; the grilled squid and mackerel are the best I've ever had. The Udon noodles and tempura are fantastic. I've had sushi lunch and dinner in many sushi restaurants in Edmonton, and other cities in North America and in my opinion, Kabuki on 109 street in Edmonton is by far the best I've had. I usually dine at Kabuki with my husband and we've often brought friends who also became customers.

3  Thank Mireille K

Reviewed 18 November 2014

This little gem is in a strip mall on a busy thoroughfare, Gateway Boulevard, leading in to Edmonton from the south. Its presence doesn't jump out at you when you are driving by but it is well worth seeking out. I have been there twice while staying at near by hotels and both times was thoroughly pleased with the food, service, value, etc. My sense is that it is family run. I had a bento box the first time and salmon teriyaki the next time, both were excellent. There seems to be a regular clientele, at least both time I have been there some of the patrons seemed to know the servers.

In the recent past I have eaten at two other Japanese restaurants in the area. Both had good food, good service and great atmosphere but I think Kabuki is better value.

I will definitely go again when I am in Edmonton.

1  Thank EsoxL
Reviewed 11 November 2014

Love the sushi and the owners were very personable. I have been there a few times and have enjoyed it each time. I will be back plus the have indoor golf.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

went in late at night and had great service and excellent food. Small clean restaurant with friendly staff, great Japanese food

2  Thank 6,86,000
Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

This is the best sushi in Edmonton hands down. Well worth every penny. We tried a vatiety of rolls and shisimi. I have had sushi in Japan and this definately compares.

If your in the mood for sushi and in the U of A area or even if your not in the area, travel to kabuki located right next to tbe garneiu threatre. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank James L