“Very poor service”
Review of Dauphine Bakery and Bistro - CLOSED

Dauphine Bakery and Bistro
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I really enjoy the quality food here. If you are looking to take away, this place is great. However, the sit-down service is atrocious. I've come here sporadically over the past couple years, always hoping it will get better. Last week the server brought me my coffee but never brought my lunch. They completely forgot and it wasn't the first time. And now I'm done with giving this place my business.

1  Thank Littlebear0023

Reviewed 1 June 2016

After picking up coffee at Credo, my friend and I decided to try some baked goods at Dauphine bakery. Between the two of us, we purchased a number of baked goods worth well over the cost of our coffee, plus tip, and decided to sit in their virtually empty shop to eat our pastries. I was actually considering buying a baguette before I left and my friend was contemplating bringing his colleagues to the establishment for lunch. However, after a few minutes of sitting, the owner came up to us and scolded us about bringing in coffee from her "competition" and told us that she will let it go this time, but to never do this again. We promptly left her establishment and assured her that we would not bother her again.
This, in my opinion, displays poor business acumen and is extremely short sighted, as we will not be patronizing this establishment again and will not recommend it to our friends and colleagues. A better approach would have been to inform us in a friendly manner that they also served expresso's (which we did not know) and invite us to try it next time.

5  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Popped in off the street market. Great selection of yummy goodies. Decent price as well. We sat at a table and were told we couldnt because we didnt order entrees or wait to be served. No signs declaring this however. Frustrating if you just want pastries

2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 29 March 2016

The food here is REALLY good. REALLY really good. Fabulous sandwiches, amazing soup, a croque monsieur to die for, and breakfast... oh, the breakfast. The Eggs Benedict. The pastries, the hot chocolate.... gorgeous. And the lemon tart (we had lunch too, this wasn't all at breakfast!). And the chocolate cake (bought to take home!)... one of the best we've ever had, and gluten free!!!
Actually, that's worth saying - we're not GF, but I've got so many friends who are I notice when extra care is taken to make sure GF really means GF, and this place does - and I defy anyone to feel shortchanged with their offering.
The downside if you are eating in is the service - really, they are friendly and sweet but just don't have a clue. One example: breakfast. Bring the drinks first. Then, the pastries. THEN the Eggs Benedict. Waiting for the Eggs Benedict for our coffee.... no!!!

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Dauphine is a treasure hidden downstairs on 104 and 101 just off Jasper Avenue. Soup and sandwiches are flavourful and accompanied by freshly baked breads.Quiche and salads are delectable. Desserts are made in house and offer a varied selection of unusually beautifully presented treats at a reasonable price. The lemon current scones are the best I have ever tasted. Fresh breads, granola and cookies or a delectable dessert can be purchased to take home. Dauphine is an oasis just steps away from the bustle of downtown traffic. Prices are very reasonable and portions are large.

1  Thank Lyn A