“One of our favorite local restaurants”
Review of Sakana

Sakana
Ranked #363 of 2,761 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Sakana is a gem in Edmonton - it is centrally located, easy parking and great food. It is a family run business and the chef Justin and his wife are delightful. The food is always good and consistently high quality. We love their summer maki and their unagi don. Their sashimi is always fresh and delicious. We are regular customers and highly suggest it as a place to go to or to order takeout!!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Average. Nothing really impressed or stood out. You can learn to make Japanese food similar to things you ordered here if you have time.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

My friends and I came here to eat dinner before heading to the Theater, we had like an hour and a half for this but we never though we were going to wait 45 minutes before receiving our order. Did we order something out of the ordinary, something special, something really difficult to cook, something new for the chef, or maybe something out of the menu? Well no, we ordered a Dragon eye maki, a Summer Roll, a salmon sushi and 3 orders of Spicy Tuna so we got disappointed with the slow service, but we heard that the food here was really good and they have this $10 menu where you can get one large and one small maki roll for $10!!
So we decided to wait for our food. Tea and water never was an issue, our server came several times to check on us.
The rolls came on a big tray and looks awesome, the flavor of each was delicious! perfect size of rolls, each bite made the wait worth it. Unfortunately we had to eat and run as we were running out of time.
In summary, food was great, server was nice, but having just one Itamae in the kitchen affected the stars on my review.
So if you want to visit this Japanese Restaurant leave plenty of time to have your food served and to get your check.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I LOVE Sakana for so many different reasons, one of them being their ten dollar menu which, at the moment, offers 1 large and 1 small maki roll for $10. Please keep in mind that one large maki roll usually costs more than $10, so this deal is amazing! I'm also a huge fan of their tempura udon! Sakana is a great family-run restaurant and as I've come to know Justin and Vivian, my loyalty to Sakana has grown much deeper. They work extremely hard and you can taste it in their food. I definitely recommend trying the Summer maki roll if you ever drop by - it's one of my favourite rolls ever.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We've been to a lot of Japanese restaurant in town and specifically close the area and I find this Sakana okay and average .The chicken karage is too much breading and takoyaki is a bit salty .The portion is just right for the money .It has good location and spacious .Can be better

2  Thank 277ericd