“our stay”

Ranked #43 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 9 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Juvy S, Asst. Manager at Super 8 Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had fun at the water slide. Good location , pricing ,friendly staff. Breakfast choices were good ......Overall Outstanding . Had to visit my relative at the university hospital . Although not the closest but fine. Nice...nice...nice need we say more

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time completing the survey.
We more than appreciate the feedback you gave us.We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay inspite of some areas of our service needs to be improved and definitely to be addressed accordingly.
Looking forward to be see you again on your next visit in Edmonton.
Sincerely, Juvy Santos

Reviewed 5 September 2012

My in-laws, fiance and I recently stayed here when we came up looking for my wedding dress. It is no means dirty but it has defiantly seen better days. The carpet in both the rooms and hallways were very outdated, and there were scuff marks in the walls every where you looked.

The bathrooms were Soooooo tiny!!! my fiance and I like to shower together but we would have to wait until the other left in order to get out of the shower, also I don't understand why the sink was out in the room instead of in the bathroom where it should be. The beds were pretty comfy on the other hand and the pillows were nice and fluffy. The t.v seriously needs to be updated, there was a couple of lines at the top of our screen, it didn't interfere with our shows very much it was just kind of annoying.

Majority of the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The only one I had problems left was one of the night ladies. I did not get here name, but my fiance and I had come to the desk to get directions to a restaurant and just as we were getting off the elevator she left the desk. This wouldn't be a problem except there is no bell or telephone to get a hold of the desk. We had problems with her again when we came back to get more coffee for our room, we reached the desk and she was doing something behind the desk and made us wait until she was done.

The last thing I would like to mention is the breakfast. It has quite the variety of items to choose from and its all delightful except the bagels, they were still frozen and after going through the (very slow) toaster it tasted very doughy. I only had 2 bites and could not eat anymore so I threw it away.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LuvMunkey82
Juvy S, Asst. Manager at Super 8 Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thank you for your time responding on Trip Advisor review. It so important for us that our guests will have an enjoyable experience. I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your issues and concerns will be addressed accordingly. Timely, we are now installing new carpets in the hallways and renovating rooms. We are looking forward to see you again to try and see the changes in our property. Sincerely, Juvy Santos

Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

We were quite satisfied with our stay here, rooms were clean and modern. Nice breakfast offerings. TV was new and bathroom was clean. Only thing was i wished the beds were a bit larger ans the room was a bit on the warm side overnight. Pool was fun. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Figglewiggle43

Thank you for your possitive feedback during your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Your concern about bed size and warmer side, I appreciate that you pointed it out. We will look for any possibilities that it can be modified. Looking forward to see you again. Sincerely, Juvy Santos

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Our bedspread had gross small stains I can only guess what they were. When I called down for a new one she said I had to come get it-didn't bother as we all in our pajamas already. Carpet was very dirty, hallways were dingy. Was hair in the shower-not ours.
Very old small tube tv's.
Definitely not worth the $120 we paid. Stay at the Radisson down the way if you are looking for a family friendly hotel with a good pool. It's not worth saving a few dollars to stay at this very gross hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time out to response on review. My sincere apology that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I agree, these things are not acceptable and it will be addressed not to happen again. Your feedback helps us in improving our daily service to attain excellency. Again, I apologize for the inconvenince and hope to see you again in the near future. Sincerely, Juvy Santos