“Group Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary
“Group Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Recentley the volleyball team I coach stayed here and was nothing but impressed with the hotel and service we received. The group coordinator was great to deal with and looked after all of our needs. The staff were pleasant and very helpful. The rooms were clean and the girls loved the pool and slide. I would bring my team and family here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Juvy S, General Manager at Super 8 Edmonton South, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you so much for your response. I am very happy that your team had a pleasant experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for your business.
Karen Naylor
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

staff is great, property is clean, we are staying there again first of April....i have a question, can i park my car there for a week?

many thanks

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your business and your review on trip advisor. We appreciate that you continue to return to our hotel when you are in Edmonton. I do hope your stay in April was as enjoyable.
Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Over priced (129 per night) when there are much nicer hotels in the vicinity for the same price. Ground floor king bed room was clean but smelled musty. Fan in bathroom loud enough that I did not want to use it but it was unfortunately on the same switch as the light so I had no choice. Other guests grossley inconsiderate - slamming doors, yelling, and running up and down hallway at six am. Staff was polite but definitely not up to standard (my guess is they aren't paid well enough to truly care). Relattively fresh paint - three of the walls had a modern colour but the accent wall and the bathroom were done in a not quite fashionable blue while there was a smudge of white paint on the bathroom doorknob and blue paint splotch on the bathroom floor. Again, it clean but that's all I can say for it. I would recommend spending the same money and staying at one of a dozen other hotels in the region (waterside or not!).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that it wasn't up to your standards. We have been working very hard at renovating our rooms, one of which you stayed in, and chose the blue because we thought it was modern and brighter looking. Not only have we been painting but many rooms have gotten new furniture and all our rooms have new bed toppings. I am sorry that our staff seemed uncaring and not "up to standard". I am unsure what you mean by that as our front desk try their very best and are awesome with our guests. I am very proud of our renovations and our staff.
SIncerely,
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My family with 3 boys under the age of 7 visited on Feb 19th. The rooms were clean, service at the first desk was extremely helpful and friendly. My boys LOVED the waterslide and the pool water was surprisingly warm. We definitely will be coming back soon. The only negative thing was the lady smelling like Pot in the elevator.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Hinton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Very disappointed,both rooms were dirty. The tub had hair in it, the fridge and coffee maker were dirty and a noise complaint about a one year old that ran from one room to another, pretty sad. Pool door is right beside front desk very uncomfortable when its busy. Won't be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Juvy S, General Manager at Super 8 Edmonton South, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
I am very sorry to hear about your experience in our hotel. It is certainly not they way we run our business and we pride ourselves on having great housekeepers and clean rooms. I am not sure what happened or why your room was not up to our standards and yours. The problem with TripAdvisor is that I have no way of knowing what room you stayed in or which housekeeper cleaned your room. I will however speak to all housekeepers about your concerns. I do hope that you will give us a try and again and let us make up our error.