“Lunch was great”

Sabu Sushi Bar
Ranked #571 of 2,660 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

Bento box lunch was terrific. In from out of town, and I eat sushi across Canada for lunch. This was a simple Bento A. Tempura was fantastic. Great, fast lunch place.

2  Thank Anton P

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

I have driven by enough times and I am really glad I finally stopped in. What a nice little place and such friendly staff. The sashimi and rolls I ordered were great. My order was take out and it was ready quite fast. The price is good and I will for sure return.

1  Thank mla1010
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

This place makes such wonderful food I am surprised its not busy all the time come here often with my child and wife and always happy with our meal great selection of bento boxes with lots of tasty items we will return here for sure

Reviewed 24 June 2015

This location has been many different types of restaurants, bars and other establishments in the past 30 years. There are few restaurants in the area, which would suggest to me that the ones that are here should do well. Compared to the west end of Edmonton, this comparable east end is sparsely populated with places to eat.
Enough of the location. Sabu had very tasty food with unique items such as something called sushi pizza (with sushi rice instead of a baked crust) about the size of a bagel. Not sure if other places do this but they use a torch to sear some of the sushi choices. Never busy. Prices were not high compared to the high end sushi places but more than the fast food sushi chains. Set up for takeout. They also have Korean dishes but I did not try those.

Reviewed 17 March 2015 via mobile

What a wonderful surprise. My friend and I had often talked about going here, so for her birthday, we decided to go. Arrived around 6 on a Friday night and were seated right away. It was not busy. But it was clean, quiet & we we welcomed, seated and served almost immediately. Our saké arrived and was warm and quite tasty. When the food began to arrive, the portions were a good size and well presented. The taste was incredible! We kept sampling from the menu and were delighted with every serving they brought.
The server was awesome! As the room got busier she just was always there when you needed her. Job well done.
Value was pretty good and for it's out of the way location, parking was good. (If going east, you need to exit by the alley)
Really enjoyed the whole experience and will definitely go back.
K.