“Excellent Food”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,760 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ellerslie Road and Calgary Trail
Description: Chop Steakhouse's South Edmonton restaurant features steak, seafood and drink specials; located near Gateway Blvd & Calgary Trail in the Sandman.
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Food is excellent and the service is awesome. The staff are well trained and service is quick.
Overall a good value.

Nick L, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Scott,

Thanks for the review. If there was something we could have done to earn five stars, please let me know (ellerslie@chop.ca). We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I had the surff and turff. It would be too rude to tell you what the steak taste like and the lobster tasted like the steak. Truly terrible. Stay away.

Nick L, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Lee,

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please send me an email (ellerslie@chop.ca) so that I can follow-up with you?

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Nice ambiance, server was superb. The only reason i gave 3 stars was the table was sticky and seemed it was not totaly clean, plus the prime rib was way below my expectations. It was tough and very fatty and so was my husbands. Our birthday guest got a better piece, perhaps because he asked for it medium and ours were med. rare so may have been from a different roast.
We are going to try again, perhaps it was a one off.....

Sonia,

I'm sorry to hear about the sticky table and even more so the disappointing prime rib. We are known for our prime rib, so to hear that someone had a sub-par piece is alarming. If you send me an email (ellerslie@chop.ca) I can see what I can do to make this up to you. Hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Went for dinner to celebrate my friend's birthday. The food was excellent and the extra touch on the complementary dessert & birthday card made it a memorable experience for her. Our server Jessica was great; pleasantly engaging and provided excellent service. We had a wonderful time there. Thank you Chop! That was awesome!!!

Nick L, Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Mnrvw,

Thank you for the excellent review! I believe you were already in contact with our Operating Partner, Brad German, through the feedback link on our website. Either way, we appreciate the five-star review and we have shared your praise with Jessica. Ask for myself or Brad next time you're in, we'd both love to meet you!

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped after work for a little beer, appetizers and hockey. Happy hour deal for a combination of 3 appies for $18 is a great deal. Had the steak bites, tacos and wings. All were just great. Also had the desert trio which was also very good

Travellfar,

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our Happy Hour selections. The same deals are available from 9:00 PM - close, so if you're in need of a late night snack, make sure you come see us!

Nick Lischka,