“Great hotel with Great Staff!!!!”

Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Beaumont, Canada
“Great hotel with Great Staff!!!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed for a wedding and was impressed that for such a busy hotel, there was always ample parking! The check in was lightning fast and super friendly. Being new to the area, the staff were able to recommend great restaurants in the area and where the best shopping was!!! Pool and water slide are well maintained and a great way to beat the heat! Rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. The staff were always there with a smile to assist us and make our stay an enjoyable one. All hotels should be like this one!!! Do yourself a favour...book here now!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear Rickstaz,

I am glad to hear that you and so many guests think highly of my staff. We are constantly training and improving and learning from each other while ensuring that we are following our Best Western standards. Checking in does not have to be a boring mundane procedure and often times it allows us the oppotunity to get to know our guests and I am happy that our staff made that effort with you.

We are also very happy to hear you and many others noticing our clean rooms as we have just launched into our new ICARE 2 Super clean program and are really trying to kick it up a notch in that aspect.

Hope to see you soon!

Mandy Clutesi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2012

A bunch of our family was staying here for a wedding. One room was supposed to have 2 queen sized beds - they ended up with one king sized...a little awkward for the 4 people sharing the room. Another guest was supposed to have an adjoining room with her elderly mother. They gave the adjoining room to someone else (not in our family)...this left the mother having to share a room with another daughter since she needed to have someone close by. And when we went to check in a bit early at 3:45 instead of 4:00, the front desk clerk made a big deal about it.

The hotel itself is clean and nice, but because of the service and how they didn't fix the mistakes they made, I would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank smileycanadian07
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear mkpoms, reddeerguest, smileycanadian07 and Lisabella77,

Firstly I do want to apologize for the issues you all encountered during your stay. I do believe however that these issues that have come to light are all due to a response I have written previously. I assure you had anyone mentioned these issues during or after your stay we would have tried our best to take care of you and ensured you felt a value for your stay.

I would like to address the issue with adjoining rooms and explain why we have the policy in place in regards to adjoining rooms. I have only 4 sets of rooms that adjoin and what guests do not realize is that we are full just about every night, we do not assign rooms until the day of arrival and at that time, we try our best to accommodate any special requests. I inform my agents to always be sure guests are aware of this as we do not want to make promises we can’t keep. At time of your checkin I had other guests in those rooms so am I to ask an existing guest to move so that we can accommodate another? No one likes the inconvenience of having to move.

We did explain this thoroughly previous to you all booking and that we couldn’t guarantee it. It is always your choice whether to book within the terms described and for future please keep this in mind. Some hotels have tons of adjoining rooms, we do not. We are limited to what we have.

As for the other complaints that have come to surface, I apologize again and feel strongly that if any of them had been brought to my attention I would have done my best to make you feel like we care! It is unfair to simply leave a bad review because a friend or family member has an issue or asks you to.

We here at The Best Western Plus take Tripadvisor very seriously and when new reviews come in we discuss as a team as to how to improve and learn from them or share in the pride we get when guests leave a great one. We are now in the #4 position and although it's still great it sends motivation throughout our team to climb the ladder and be once again one of the top 3 in the city.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights as it was close to a wedding I was attending. I found the hotel good in the sense that it was modern looking. I stayed in room #203 and noticed when I first entered it felt very damp and musky. I tried airing out the room by leaving the window open and then tried running the AC for the entire night. Still no change, the sheets felt damp. I had a vistor visit and without telling him anything he said the same thing. I mentioned it to the hotel staff and they said they would clean the room again. Still no change when I returned. No offer by the front desk staff to change my room and still didn't understand what I was talking about. Tried to talk to the manager the morning I left but no manager on staff. I would not stay at this hotel again and found their follow up service poor. ***** do not stay in room 203!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Reddeerguest
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night and we loved it. The room was very clean and a good size. We stayed with our 4-month old and there was no issues; we brought our own playpen for her to sleep in but we noticed that they had cribs that you could borrow.

It was located right as you enter the city so easy access to major roads (Gateway, Calgary Trail, Ellerslie, Anthony Henday) to get around. Large parking lot so parking was not an issue.

Only downside I would say is that there are not a lot in walking distance so if you don't have a car it may be a bit difficult. There is a space where a restaurant will go eventually but it's not built yet.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Dear Tanelle83

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. My staff check Tripadvisor every day and are very happy to hear that many of our guests think so highly of us.. I am happy to hear we were able to accomodate your crib request. We always try our best to ensure our guests have what they need to make their stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Thanks again

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Staff are very accommodating and friendly. Very clean and well appointed. Located close to major shopping and within walking distance to 2 restaurants. Quick and easy access to Calgary Trail. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in 320 and we were concerned we may be disturbed by the elevator being in close proximity but...