“wonderful getaway”

Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I recently stayed here with my spouse and our three children. We had a business suite, with two queen beds and a pull out couch. Our room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The bathroom was a bit small, but so is the bathroom at home! The beds were extremely comfortable, and the room was quiet with only a bit of noise from the highway out front. My children loved the pool and waterside, and we all enjoyed the options at breakfast. Overall, a great spot to stay to see some sights around Edmonton, and do a bit of shopping too. Only complaints are that the coffee is pretty weak, and that they had a hard time staying on top of towels for the pool. Pretty minor issues if you ask me.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NorthernMum74
Mandy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear NorthernMum74,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind remarks! Our two queen business suite is very popular with families. The spacious two queen bedroom with pullout couch, fridges, microwaves and coffee makers provides most of the amenites a family would need. We try our best to ensure that when our guests visit, it is like a home away from home and I am happy to hear we hit the mark with you.

I look forward to seeing you again!
Happy Leap Year

Mandy Simpson

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel. It is a great place to stay when needing a rest. The rooms are clean and well laid out. The breakfast is a good (not great) start to the day and the fitness area is decent enough. Not sure of the pool as every time we have gone it has been full of kids...and the pool is not big.

We booked a jacuzzi suite which was a spacious room. We both fit in the tub but thankfully the misses is small as it would not fit most couples. Also the hot tap was off and needed to be tightened back on. No-one at the hotel to fault as the tap looks fine. The hotel needed to be informed.

Location is close to the highway, Edmonton's so-called outlet mall, Superstore and Walmart etc...

Some great restaurants nearby too.

All-in-all...a great place to stay and far cheaper than the hotels surrounding it. I will be back.

Room Tip: Not sure...always booked the jacuzzi suite so it has been on the back corner of the hotel facing the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear KIWIBOYCalgary,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites for your recent stay in Edmonton. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as many travellers use this site to decide whether to stay with us! Everytime we get reviews like yours it makes us more proud and pushes us to continue to provide the best customer service.

Is was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Originally I had pre-paid for a 2 night stay here and needed to extend my stay another 2 nights on a busy weekend in February. Front desk staff were very courteous and this was not a problem at all. Rates were very reasonable and All of my requests while staying with my 2 small children were met including a Playpen, extra towels and blankets. My King suite was very spacious and clean. One day I requested no housekeeping service and was pleased to see that no one entered my room at all while i was away (which has happened at other hotels I have stayed at). Pool area was mainly well kept except bathrooms. They must use more salt than chlorine in pool water and I like that. Slide was quite fast, older kids won't get bored. Free continental breakfast had an excellent selection for all ages.
A few minor complaints - Key card(s) did not work for secondary outside access even after reprogramming (I think it was the door) and Front Desk ran out of change for coin laundry. Like I said minor.
Otherwise had a really great stay here and we will be back.

Room Tip: The king suite is a great value and room is really spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bmpeters

Dear Mr. BMPETERS.

On behalf of all our staff I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. Many agree; our pool is awesome and the kids love it. I am glad yours did as well!

The Management and staff are always pleased to be your hosts and I am happy that we were able to demonstrate our services and skills that we strive to provide each and every guest that comes to visit.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen the the Best Western Plus South Edmonton and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Contrary to the website, there are no fireplaces in the business class rooms. We upgraded our reservation while online because we understood that the higher amenities in the business class rooms included a fireplace.
Our room was not ready until well after 5:30 pm. As frustrating as this was when we returned after dinner, we found a very nice large room with a couch, chair and flat screen TV, king bed was comfortable, small fridge and microwave. The room was clean and the decor was nice.
I would recommend this hotel for a quiet sleep prior to flying from YEG. (close to airport)
Breakfast was over by 9:30am so we missed it. I would recommend that it be till 10:30 am on Sat and Sat. Also staffing appears to be an issue, more help at the front desk may have helped during the check-in process.
I spoke with another family in the elevator and they were disappointed with their room and reminded me of the poor water pressure in the shower. I brought this and the check in issue with the front desk manager and he was sincerely sorry and assured me that the hotel was aware of some staffing concerns and encouraged me to call him personally if we would be willing to stay in the future. I may do this.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank travelcoleen
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I used to stay closer to downtown or closer to West Edmonton Mall but since the South Edmonton Inn & Suites opened up I won't stay anywhere else. The rooms are nice and clean and as a Rewards member I always appreciate the upgrades when available (especially because I don't have to ask for it, they just take care of it!)

The hotel is in a great spot right at the crossroads of Anthony Henday and Highway 2 / Gateway Blvd which makes it easy for me to get wherever I need to go in Edmonton. Close to lots of good eating and shopping (outlets, etc) at South Edmonton Commons and not far from the airport.

Room Tip: Any room is good. Even the ones on the highway side are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Don,

It is our pleasure to have you at our hotel. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from and I am happy that you continue to chose us!. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. And we always want to be your first choice.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites again and again. We look forward to serving you on your next trip. Thank you!