All reviews games room bed was comfortable air conditioner fridge and microwave great room lounge expo vending yellowhead curtains
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a hidden gem.

I spent five nights here and it was great. The room was immaculate, the bed very comfortable, and the shower had great water pressure with lots of hot water.

This is the first hotel I have stayed at in all my travels, from one star to four star hotels, that had in-floor heating under the tiles in the room entrance and the bathroom. It was such a pleasure in the morning being able to stand on a nice warm floor while shaving. Every other hotel I have had to pull the bath mat over so my feet didn’t freeze. A big thank you and well done to whomever decided to have the in-floor heating installed.

If I was pushed to find something wrong with the room, it would have to be that there is no soap dish when using the shower - I had to bend down and use the side of the tub (just like I do at home). So really there was nothing wrong with the room.

The Front Desk Staff were well dressed, friendly, and very courteous. Both check-in and check-out were quick and very efficient.

The parking lot was very big and there would be no problem parking a pickup and full size trailer.

I will definitely be staying here again the next time I travel to Edmonton.

Keep up the great work.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevin R
Christee G, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

"Hidden Gem" Thank you! This is a statement I hear some guests say!

We are not presenting our selves as a 5* star Hotel, however we hope that our customer service, our quick problem solving, how we manage what we offer and how we try to make our guests feel as important as they are to us, is considered a 5*

I am pleased that your stay with us was to yours & our satisfaction and that you enjoyed our renovated rooms!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, I will share this review with our staff!

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Very noisy, and the service desk person put us in a room right beside another room undergoing renovation. They started hammering and drilling at around 10:30 am. Very annoying, because it woke us up from our sleep....You can hear every noise coming from the hallway. Washroom mirror was very dirty, shower celling had a leek, the vents looked like they were kicked in and just hanging for dear life. Also the blanket sucked, it was very thin and it was very cold to sleep at night. Our experience was really bad, and I would not come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Christee G, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

I am sorry that our renovations were disturbing during your stay at our Hotel, our Front Desk is available 24 hours and I wish you would of shared all concerns as we would of immediately stopped any disruption to your sleep, moved your room and rectified the problems in the room you mentioned.
We take a lot of pride in our rooms and I am sorry you were not satisfied with your stay.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

If you don't smoke DO NOT stay here. Everywhere in the hotel smells badly of smoke, even on the "non smoking" floor. If I could afford to pay for yet another hotel tonight I would leave immediately. I literally had to go buy fabreeze to stand my room and have no idea how I will sleep tonight. Informed the front desk and they said this is a non smoking floor so it doesn't smell. We had to upgrade to have a non smoking room and they charged extra even though they both smell terrible.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

I can appreciate your sharing your unsatisfactory comments during your stay with us.
I am sorry that you felt this way regarding your room as originally you had booked a smoking room because of price point and than you upgraded to NON upon check in.
Upon speaking to you at check out we did remove the upgrade fee.
We take pride in our renovated rooms being non smoking and your neighbors in our hotel respecting this is well.
The only smoking rooms in this hotel are on the 3rd floor, I am sorry you felt you could still smell this from the first floor in an upgraded room.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel has pros and cons, pros are... clean room, comfortable beds, staff are friendly and the restaurant has decent food the wife loved the soup. Cons are.. some of the people that hang out at the lounge are questionable (they have VLT's ) in the lounge, all rugs seem stained and not a great area of Edmonton. But in all it was a good stay, quiet at night and had a good sleep.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us in our Hotel.
We are pleased you were satisfied with your stay, rooms, beds, cleanliness and staff!

We are always aware of our guests in our Hotel, Lounge and Restaurant and can assure you that we with proper Identification, shirt, pants, shoes and respect towards customers and staff we will always welcome all patrons in our lounge.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The bed was SOOOOO comfortable. I cannot stress enough how well I slept. I would return purely for that reason! As for the rest - room was nice but the bathroom looked like a neglected gas station bathroom. The acoustic tile was stained, sagging and looked moldy right through. The fan cover was hanging by a screw. The hair dryer looked like it was used to commit a crime. The outlet looked like a fire hazard. I hope this was just our room and not reflective of the entire hotel! But it was totally unacceptable.

The location on the corner of Yellowhead and Wayne Gretzky is very convenient. Not sure how easy it is to get to from Northbound, but from Yellowhead eastbound it is very accessible.

We were there at odd hours so it was very quiet, but the room doors slam shut and you can hear any noise in the hallway.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our Hotel. I am so pleased your sleep was comfortable in our beds! We receive many compliments on them! I will have maintenance look into your room that you stayed in, as we are now renovating first floor however we try to maintain the non-renovated rooms until they are finished.
Please on your next visit book one of our Renovated rooms, as I am sure you will be very pleased!