All reviews games room bed was comfortable air conditioner fridge and microwave great room lounge expo vending yellowhead curtains
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The bed was SOOOOO comfortable. I cannot stress enough how well I slept. I would return purely for that reason! As for the rest - room was nice but the bathroom looked like a neglected gas station bathroom. The acoustic tile was stained, sagging and looked moldy right through. The fan cover was hanging by a screw. The hair dryer looked like it was used to commit a crime. The outlet looked like a fire hazard. I hope this was just our room and not reflective of the entire hotel! But it was totally unacceptable.

The location on the corner of Yellowhead and Wayne Gretzky is very convenient. Not sure how easy it is to get to from Northbound, but from Yellowhead eastbound it is very accessible.

We were there at odd hours so it was very quiet, but the room doors slam shut and you can hear any noise in the hallway.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our Hotel. I am so pleased your sleep was comfortable in our beds! We receive many compliments on them! I will have maintenance look into your room that you stayed in, as we are now renovating first floor however we try to maintain the non-renovated rooms until they are finished.
Please on your next visit book one of our Renovated rooms, as I am sure you will be very pleased!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We went to the restaurant for breakfast on Tuesday. The service was super slow, we almost left because we waited forever and no waitress came out to the empty restaurant. Eventually she wandered out of the back and seemed like we were interrupting her day. Ordered breakfast. It was fast and tasted fine. Hard to mess up bacon and eggs. The worst part was when my husband went to use the washroom. It was filthy and stank. He said he has been in cleaner outhouses. Overall, ok food, horrid service and filthy restaurant. Save your money and go to a real restaurant.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

I am sorry to hear about your visit to our restaurant.
I will definitely share with the Owner and his staff regarding your concerns.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

On business with my cat and was treated very nicely for an extended period. I stayed for 2 1/2 months and both of us were very happy. Lots of amenities and closely located to Northlands & the Yellowhead Highway.

Than you to Christee and all your staff.

Jim

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment & rate our hotel during your stay!
It was a pleasure having you as one of our guests, we have always been Leary of allowing cats due to the long hair however your room was immaculate upon your check out.
We are here for short term or long term clients as yourself and it was truly a pleasure having you stay in our Hotel!
I wish you the best in your future endeavors, thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Chose this hotel because they allowed pets and the price was affordable.

Upon arrival it looked run down with sketchy people hanging around.

The guy at the check in counter was very friendly, quick and professional. Check in was fast and I took the super old elevator up to the 2nd floor. The elevator is very slow. I suggest the stairs.

The room had an unpleasant smell upon entering and was dirty. I felt like washing my hands having touched a few things in the room. The beds especially one were poorly made but overall very comfortable. One pillow case was dirty so I promptly threw that on the bed I knew I wasn't going to use. It has crossed my mind to ask for a refund but I was too tired so I figured I'll suck it up.

Originally when I saw the pictures I figured I'd go play a bit in the games room but the shady characters hanging around downstairs made me change my mind. Thankfully its light out late now because I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable going out in the dark there alone.

The food didn't look all that great but did taste good and service was also fast and friendly.

The only plus side of the room was the newly renovated bathroom. It was clean and nicely done. Almost looked like the bathroom and room were not cleaned by the same people as the room lacked in cleanliness. Even the do not disturb sign had all kinds of stains on it. I was hoping it was just food stains but didn't even want to have a closer look..

The room was otherwise well equipped with ac, fridge and microwave. Does need proper cleaning of all items in there. Felt like fridge wasn't cleaned properly. Remote and phone were prob not cleaned at all.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Christee R, General Manager at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your stay with us.
We take a lot of pride in our rooms, especially our RENOVATED rooms. I am very sorry that they were not to your standards, and by reading your comments, ours either. I will speak to house keeping to ensure they are being diligent when it comes to the standards that we expect for all of our guests. We would of been pleased to change you to a different room that would of been better to your standards.
I will share with the Restaurant your comments regarding the food, service & customer service!
Although we are on the North side of Edmonton, we are very conscience of our area and guests that are enter our building as we want ALL customers & staff to feel safe.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight while moving from out of province. It was one of the few that let dogs stay here. It wouldn't be bad but they allow smoking in the hotel which I'm quite allergic to and didn't realize that was still a thing in this day and age. You get what you pay for, so for the price it isn't too bad.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment during your stay with us.
We are one of the few hotels that do allow Pets, as we feel that most Pet Owners like to travel with them!
Our 3rd floor is our smoking floor and is booked quite often as this is also hard to find.
I am sorry your allergy to smoke was affected by the smoking rooms.
We are very competitive with the market in our area considering we have the above options that most hotels do not for certain demographic.