“My Favourite restaurant in Calgary”
Review of Una Pizza + Wine

Una Pizza + Wine
Ranked #9 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: UNA Pizza + Wine is a neighbourhood restaurant serving Californian & Italian influenced cuisine, thin crust pizzas, wine and as much local product as we can get. We are open 7 days a week from 11:30am - 1am for lunch, dinner & late night dining and 7 days a week from 4pm - 11pm for delivery in the southwest of Calgary.
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Well, the word is out that Una is amazing, so i don't need to keep it to myself. The testament that this establishment is AMAZING is that it is consistently crowded with a line waiting at the door.

The food here literally makes me weep with joy. Seriously. I have had many items on the menu and almost every thing I have had there has been a wee bit of foodie heaven. I'm a fan of the mushroom pizza - it is a must!!!

If you love Spain (as I do) the tapas here are exceptional. Prepared authentically and with love. When I found a true rendition of patatas bravas I was thrilled... especially in Calgary. They had for a time the tortilla de patatas, and it was as good as anything I have had anywhere in Spain. Even the salads at Una are ridiculously delicious - I sometimes dream of their salads.

The service here is nothing short of exceptional. Your glass is never empty, plates empty of food don't tarry in front of you throughout the night. I'm a fan!

2  Thank CaminoGirl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Una Pizza + Wine

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Great place to eat Pizza and tapas, good fast service and always busy. Would recommend to all.

1  Thank Ramzeec
Reviewed 8 April 2012

It had good review from a magazine ( I dont remember).. I invited our two friends to check it out.. Was not impressed..My expectations were high. Would not come back again. Worth of just one visit.

1  Thank NinaO14
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I had dinner here Saturday night. We went early to avoid having to wait and were seated at the bar. The service was fantastic. We ordered wine and water (which costs $2 per person but is really refreshing). We had the seared scallops with truffle oil to start, I can't even put into words how awesome this dish was, so I've attached a photo. We then shared the double smoked bacon, swiss chard and goat feta pizza and again, delicious! You can also ask for a gluten free crust if needed. We ended with a lovely bread pudding. Here is my one and only complain (sorry two):
1. I ordered a cappuccino and asked for skim milk... they only have 3%, 3%?!? Might as well offer me cream! When I asked if they had a milk alternative they said no. No, really?
2. I then ordered an espresso to have with my dessert. They espresso came about 10 min before the dessert so...I couldn't enjoy then together, really a drag!

Well other than the coffee/dessert thing it really was fantastic, I highly recommend it and we will return whether we have to wait 5 min or 1 hour, Una really is worth the wait!

2  Thank bergak
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have been here around 8 times or so and always enjoyed the food wine and atmosphere.