“Poutine for the win”

Ranked #2,854 of 3,875 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Made my first visit here today after seeing several things online ranking their poutine among the best and it delivered. The staff were friendly in guiding me through the menu as a first time patron. They insisted that the best representation of what they do was the smoked meat version.

I don't know how to judge the "authenticity" of it because I haven't been to Montreal but these ladies are from Montreal and I can say it is very good. The gravy is a touch on the runny side for me but is full of flavour. I wish the fries had just a touch more salt but you can easily fix that yourself if you agree. More importantly they held up well and were a good thickness for poutine. The smoked meat fits the dish really well to turn it into a meal. The cheese curds held up well and didn't overpower anything. For such a comfort dish everything was well balanced and felt like the right amount of each item was in the dish.

If I lived closer this place would be a true danger to my health.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Montreal is not only about Smoked Meat sandwich and Poutine. Coming from Montréal, I always enjoyed the Hot Subs. I was happy to learn that there was a place here in Calgary who was doing those Subs. Gave it a try today and it went above my expectations. It was tasty, very warm and with a generous amount of meat portions. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

People from Quebec all agree to say it's the best place to grab a poutine in Calgary. The smokedmeat is also excellent. My dream is to go back to Canda and grab such a delicious poutine again.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Stopped here for dinner on our first night in Calgary. Saw this place on Best of Chow, and the poutine looked amazing so had to come see for myself.

We ordered two large poutines with Montreal smoked meat. They were huge! They fed 5 of us (2 adults, a 15, 11, 6, yo).

The fries gravy and curds were excellent. Great gravy to fry ratio and generous amount of curds. The smoked meat was cubed almost like hot dog, and this was a bit off putting. We unanimously agreed we would've preferred the regular poutine, but hey we still scarfed it down without a crumb to be found.

We didn't try the subs, but I saw the couple next to us eating them and they looked delicious. If I had more time in Calgary I probably would've went back.

If you live in Calgary you should definitely give this place a stop, and if you're visiting and craving a good poutine like I always am then look no further!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

I only had the regular poutine here and it's great! My husband has had the smoked meat poutine and he is quite fond of it. Quick friendly service and large portions. Will be going back to try their sandwiches.