“Vegan, veggie greatness!”

Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Mont royal
Description: We use as much organic & local food, liquor and wine as possible, including all soy products & grains. Menu items are made from scratch & with love. We have a wine & cocktail lounge with weekend DJs, and a restaurant. We recycle all we can & compost our kitchen waste. We purchase food from local farmers, and with minimal packaging; we plant 36 trees a month, and we are 100% wind powered.
Reviewed 26 August 2017

These guys and gals know how to source local produce and jazz it up to something fun. They update their menu every so often. We haven't been in some time, but since I've tried to recreate their eggplant rolls (can't remember the exact name). The food is tasty. Can't wait to go back sooner than later.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I came here on a solo trip to Calgary and I absolutely loved this restaurant. I got the veggie burger with a side of salad and it was amazing. The service was wonderful and everybody was kind and friendly. The interior was lovely as well. I will probably come back again and force my friends to eat at this place because everyone needs to experience it.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

A visit to The Coup is a must every time I'm in Calgary! The inventive, flavourful and unique dishes will excite even the most skeptical carnivore. On the upscale end of things, the menu is on the pricier side, but it is a gourmet experience. The space is open and light, the atmosphere young and trendy. Always a fun stop that leaves your tummy satisfied and your taste buds wowed!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This restaurant has a nice vibe, and lots of interesting menu choices. Everything is either vegetarian or vegan, and many dishes could be either. We ordered the yam fries - I think they were oven baked and had the skin still on! Not many of them, though. I had the tofu satay bowl which was very tasty - rice noodles, tofu, broccoli and spinach in a thai peanut sauce with some whole peanuts too. Not huge but again very tasty. My companion had the Caprazay salad which was good as well. We would have ordered more food but didn't want to spend $100 on a vegetarian dinner.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have to say that I have never experienced the lack of customer service and pathetic management skills like we did at your restaurant.

From the waitress with the red tattoo to the voice of reason blond waitress and the apparent co-owner.

We arrived for dinner (our 2nd time at your restaurant this week). First experience was great. Second - I will never recommend your hotel just based on how pathetic the co-owner was in handling the situation.

We arrived with several tables open in the restaurant. Sat down and ordered an appetizer and our meal. A half hour went by and we thought maybe the cook was just busy then 45 minutes go by and we grab the waitress who has not checked in at all - Karen? something like hat - red tattoo on her arm. She says let me check. She comes back and says "they forgot to enter your order - so she will put a rush on it and get it to you. The appetizer eventually comes out. She apologizes profusely, blames the kitchen and "they" who didnt put the order in and indicates she will follow up on our meal. Another half hour goes by and the tables around us have received food, ate it and left.

By this time we are getting mildly annoyed and wondering what the deal is. We ask the waitress again for the food. She comes out and says it was at the bottom of the orders and she asked to have it rushed forward. She also mentions that the manager will come to our table and talk to us about the issue.

No manager - no talk - no food.

Then the food finally arrives. The waitress indicates that the manager has approved a free dessert for the pathetic service and that she herself does not feel right about that so she will pay our bill. She goes on to say the manager does not understand customers and wants to thank us for being so understanding and easygoing about the whole thing.

Then as we eat, a blond waitress comes over and says - there is no manager in the building but wants to apologize for our evening and will cover our appetizer and dessert. More time goes by and eventually the original waitress comes back and takes a dessert order. Then we wait again.

While we are at the point of "let's get out of this place" We arrived at 6:30pm and left at 9:30pm.....all for a burger and a wrap and one appetizer we split. A woman comes over, identifies herself as co-owner and that she was in a back room and heard the conversations with the waitresses who didn't know she was in the room and felt she should check it out. We explain the whole situation. At this time we dont know who is lying - who is not doing their job properly but the entire staff seem to not have it together and customer service seems to be the last thing on their minds.

The co-owner looks at the bill and says she will talk to the waitresses and come back. She does nothing. I see her grab the desserts, signal the waitress to pick them up and give them to us. The waitress gives me my change from the meal she was supposed to cover and we left.

We left the restaurant completely baffled and could not believe what we had just went through. It was pathetic.

Its sad when 3 people cannot stand by what they promise or care if someone is being poorly taken care of.

I guess maybe you are busy enough you dont care about your customers but felt i had to let you know what transpired and how disappointed we were in your venue. I run my own business and would never treat a customer the way we were treated.

This happened on Sunday evening - August 6th