“Poor Service”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Northeast Calgary
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The food as usual is pretty good but the service has really gone down hill here the last year or so. Our waitress forgot to come to our table for a long while, forgot to bring bread, forgot to come get our orders, forgot to fill glasses, forgot to leave onions out of my wife’s pizza as asked, forgot to take our dessert orders, forgot the orders and had to ask again, forgot the leftover pizza in the takeout box, forgot to charge us for the four desserts, forgot to charge for the extra prawns, forgot to charge for 2 coffees. With the cost of 2 pizzas off the bill for not saving the leftovers and the forgotten charges she cost her owner at least 80$. We won’t forget and won’t be back. Food is good but not worth the poor service.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The food waa fabulous and the service superb. I asked for vegetarian options with no eggs.The waitress checked and recommended a great dish. For me the portion was too large but it was soooo good, I ate it all and couldn't eat dinner. Great place with excellent food!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Went there with 2 other couples last week as we have never been there before as a change of pace. The first thing we all noticed was the menu with too many items on it as they should try and make a dozen great items not 50 so so items. We all had different dinner selections to see what was good and not so good. The portion sizes were huge but the food was average and it all needed seasoning as it was all bland. I had veal with a Bolognese sauce which was not what I thought it would be....not meaty or seasoned correctly. The veal was covered in ham and then cheese which I found rather weird. The other people we were with all had pasta which was decent. The service was fantastic as we had a great waitress...restaurant is nothing fancy with plastic table clothes which were out dated. It was ok but not sure if we would go back the pizza looked good.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Amici has been in business for 18 successful years. I am so often reminded of the sitcom "Cheers" when I visit ... "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came". It a family restaurant where one feels like part of the Amici family. Owner Tony Misuraca always makes time for a smile and hello for his patrons even though he is busy attending to serving tables as well. Owner Darryl Jeffery is in the kitchen working his magic, while his wife Lori helps serve their delicious food. I have been frequenting Amici for about 12 years on a regular basis. I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience ... in fact when I visit other Italian restaurants it is always Amici that I use as a comparison tool, and Amici sets the bar very high. How can one visit a "chain restaurant" where pasta sauces come in a container rather than being whipped up from scratch with fresh ingredients? It is difficult. My partner and I have our favourite pastas .. his being Penne Jumbalaya, mine being Linguine Di Mare with rose sauce. I have yet to find a Caesar salad dressing that comes close to comparing. Served with warm bread and garlic butter it requires restraint to not lift the plate and lick it clean. The portions are extremely generous ... just like you would expect if you were dining at Nonna's house. In fact, most pasta portions suffice for two meals ... I always take half home for dinner at work. Their menu is varied and holds something of interest for everyone. Their prices are very reasonable for the quality and portion size ... but it gets even better than that. Monday nights are 2 for 1 pizza with the purchase of a beverage, Wednesday nights are 2 for 1 pasta with the purchase of a beverage, on Sunday evenings wings are 35 cents each in the lounge with the purchase of a beverage. Given that neither my partner nor I consume alcohol, our combined tab is usually between $25 and $35 on these evenings. Please remember to take the discounts into account when tipping your server though! Amici is the total package ... homemade Italian cooking with great prices, service and atmosphere.

2  Thank ellie_sue89
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Had dinner there last night and it was fresh and delicious. Reasonably priced and great service. Will definitely go back when we visit Calgary in August.