“Great Little Greek Restuarant - it won't disappoint.”

Plaka Greek Taverna
Ranked #330 of 4,028 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Reviewed 26 November 2017

My wife and I once again joined my sister and her husband to have dinner at the Plaka Greek Taverna on our most recent trip to Calgary, AB. We have been numerous times and the Restuarant has never once disappointed us. Plaka Greek Taverna never fails to deliver!
The restaurant is small and cozy, the staff are friendly, efficient, helpful and attentive. Cannot ask for anything more of the staff. The food is always well presented, excellent, and delicious. You are not rushed to complete your meal and leave - so it is fine to relax and enjoy the food, a glass of wine, and your company at a cozy little restaurant.
I/we have tried numerous dishes by my favorite is the Kleftiko. We have visited many times and will certainly do so again.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

And for all you Steely Dan fans he; "serves the smooth Retsina". Enjoyed a couple of platters with the family. Nice atmosphere, great food and service.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We go to Plaka's restaurant often. They have a short but excellent greek menu including Musaka, Kleptico and other greek dishes.
There is another Plaka's restaurant south of Calgary (Okotoks)

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

My review spans many visits to this wonderful restaurant where you get delicious and authentic Greek food without having to travel to Greece. In my last visit I took 24 colleagues from the US and Canada. We had the combination hot platter and assorted appetizers. My guests all concurred that this was a great culinary experience. The service was awesome and the belly dancer very talented and entertaining. I highly recommend Plaka, whether for an intimate dinner for two or a large function of 24 or more as we experienced.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We were here visiting family and chose Plaka to celebrate a birthday. My husband had the roasted lamb and I had the chops, both were delicious. The owner was very nice and welcoming. Will definitely come back to this restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2017