“Very disappointed”
Review of Bolero

Bolero
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 4,056 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$ 19 - US$ 75
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Southwest Calgary
Transit: We are a 10 minute walk from Chinook L.R.T.
Description: Located close to the corner of Glenmore and Macleod we are Calgary's first Brazilian BBQ style restaurant. At Bolero the customer is in charge of the timing on our wide selection of churrasco(skewers) to be brought to your table by our Gaucho Chefs. Green means go and Red means stop. A perfect setting for any festive occasion as we offer a wide range of different, cocktails, wine, and beer. Dining with friends and family was meant to be fun, the Brazilian way!
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Food was not bad, can't complani, but when you have been asked: " How much tip should I add to your total bill?", one star is max what you can get. Tipping is NOT mandatory, I tip if I want to tip, but I do NOT have to tip if I don't want to tip, right? Nobody is tipping in Europe and that's fair, you don't work for free, you get paid for doing your job. Don't like it? Find another job then, but don't ask for free money. Lot of people work for min wage, but nobody tips people from A&W or McDonalds, Wall-Mart or 7/11

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank JennyAlexG

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Great atmosphere. Not the cheapest place in town, but well worth it if you're a meat lover. Very good selection, and you can eat until your heart's content. Definitely something for everyone, but make sure you leave room for frozen banana cheesecake at the end! Awesome!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is a outstanding Brazilian steakhouse. The service is literally non-stop as the bring one of the 13 types of meat to your table. The smoked salmon on the salad bar might have had the most amazing taste. The friendliness from the manager, Dean, and the server, Robert, was impressive. They even sent us home with a complimentary dessert that was a surprise bonus. This place, as well as Smugglers, will be the first place we visit on our next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

My boys (husband, 18 and 14year old) were very excited to take me here. We had an 8:15pm reservation on a Friday night. Maybe this was too late and the place starts to shut down? Who knows. What I do know is that the salad bar was mediocre at best with quite a few items empty and not appearing to be replenished. The meat came quickly, most of it was dry (lamb) or chewy and over cooked (beef). I also had to ask for some cheese buns (um the best part of dining at a Brazilian steakhouse if you ask me!) three times!! Finally after we had finished eating they came. Again a disappointment. They were way to dense and chewy, not melt in your mouth how I remember them. The best part of the meal was the grilled pineapple and cheese. The boys all agreed it was a very disappointing experience.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Our granddaughter chose the Bolero restaurant to help celebrate her birthday. It is also known as the Brazilian Barbecue restaurant. It is a unique experience in the manner in which the food is served. There is a buffet section which provides veggies, salads, hot dishes and a sampling of seafood. However, the meat is all barbecued and served on large spits. The server brings the spit "hot off the grill" to your table and cuts your desired portion from the spit. The grilled pineapple and cheese are two of our favorites.
We chose two desserts, which were absolutely delicious, to share among the four of us.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Bolero? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK