“Good Meal and Good Service”
Review of JOEY Barlow

JOEY Barlow
Ranked #99 of 4,021 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The original JOEY location. Easy to get to, and with the airport right next door, it's convenient for that pre-international escape meal or cocktail.
Reviewed 23 March 2018

The guys seemed to enjoy their steaks. One business assocaite had the fish tacos. I had the spicy chicken sandwich with fries. We all had a great meal and good service.

Date of visit: March 2018
Management T, General Manager at JOEY Barlow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Located pretty close to the Sheraton Cavalier, Joey is a favourite destination for out of town visitors. I had a friend from Toronto in town and we agreed to get together for a few brews and some food. There are many choices in the area but Joey, which has been around for ages, was a good choice.

We like the bar area and, at some point in the past, they must have renovated to make the area a little quieter so that you could have a decent conversation without having to yell at each other.

At around 6pm on a weekday, we arrived and immediately found a good spot in the bar area. We each ordered a draught beer, which came pretty quickly, and tossed around the idea of appetizers, but decided that meals alone was what we were going to do.

I had a paella, with lots of shrimp, lots of rice and very tasty, although I think a tad overcooked since the rice was a little crispy on the edges. My friend had a pretty sloppy burger which he enjoyed as well.

I was driving so I had a coffee, which came quickly. The only downside was that I had to ask several times for a coffee refill, and only got one on my third ask.

Good place, good vibes, good food, service a little spotty is how I would describe Joey on Barlow.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Food was awesome and presentation beyond expectations; however, service was slow and that's probably due to the number of staff on duty. None-the-less it's a place to return to.

Date of visit: February 2018
Management T, General Manager at JOEY Barlow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hi T, I’m glad you enjoyed the food at JOEY Barlow but was disappointed to read of your service. I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please email me at kschroter@joeyrestaurants.com

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Met a friend here for dinner and was pleasantly surprised by the great service, atmosphere and delicious experience. Been to a Joeys before many years ago in Vancouver and had not been back since it was just okay. Barlow location staff were great and very helpful from the moment I walked in the door. Helped me find my friend, super friendly, personable, quick service, very attentive and knowledgable. Yellowfin salad was delightful and good portion size. Wine list was good. Friend enjoyed her roast chicken meal which looked amazing. We shared a Baked Apple Pie, soooo good! Will definitely come back to this location. Easy to find and plenty of parking.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I really enjoyed the time and space the server gave us so that I could catch up with an old friend but we had so much space that she forgot to take our order and then forgot to come back with the bill. I loved the food though. really really good.

Date of visit: January 2018
Management T, Manager at JOEY Barlow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

We are glad you enjoyed your experience at JOEY Barlow. Please visit us again soon! If you would like to speak more about your visit please contact me at kschroter@joeyrestaurants.com