“A great place for lunch. ”

Earls Calgary Barlow Trail
Reserve with OpenTable
Earls Calgary Barlow Trail is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 3,856 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northeast Calgary
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This was my first time to this restaurant. We sat on the sunny patio which provided a great ambience.

Service was great - fast and prompt.

I had the beef dip for lunch which I found to be quite dry. There was a lot of bread over the beef.

Overall a good experience.

Chelsea W, General Manager at Earls Calgary Barlow Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us and share your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your service at my location and the ambience of our patio, I hope you'll be back to enjoy it again before the end of the summer!

Also thank you for your feedback on the beef dip. This is a relatively new item to our menu, so I will be sure to pass your comments along to my head chef so we can improve the overall execution of the dish.

All the best,
Chelsea Wood
General Manager - Earls Barlow Trail

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I've been to many Earl's Restaurants and never have I had service like tonight. Not sure where the problems lie but didn't even get an apology for the slow service. A sloth would have been faster in making and bringing the food. The food itself was good if that counts for anything.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and share your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience and that it was not up to our standard. I hoping we can connect to talk more about it in detail. If interested, I can be reached at cwood@earls.ca.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks in advance, Chelsea Wood | General Manager | Earls Barlow Trail

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We have never been here before so we did not know what to expect. It had good reviews so we decided to give it a try. We walked in and were greeted with a smile by the hostess. We asked for a booth and she quickly showed a nice table near the bar. Our server, Chanel, tole us it was happy hour and there were drink special. They have Happy Hour everyday from 3 to 6. We ordered a very nice white. For our meal I ordered the Swordfish Tacos with Garlic Fries. They had a special sauce with added a very good flavor. The fries were really tasty as it is the first time I've ever had them. My wife ordered the Fish Tacos. Four small Tacos and a House Salad. The food was excellent and the service exceptional. The free wifi is also very good. I could become a regular Earl fan if I lived here. Hope to come back here real soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Never visited the location before work planned an evening hang out! The place is just awesome! From the selection of Food to Beers to Alcohol...Everything is so good. Nice Place!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I booked a table for 20 and I have to stay the Service was the slowest I have ever experienced, and the food was no better....

We had one server for a table of 20, so when 4 of us arrived and some of the party were already and they were serving them drinks the server disappeared even though he could see us sitting down and we waited 20 minutes for him to come back to take our drinks order - we waited another 25 minutes for them to be served so we had been there 45 minutes and just got our first drink.......

We ordered appy's which again took an age to appear, however no coconut shrimp this appeared with our main course so it had clearly been forgotten...

I had Chicken Alfredo - the pasta was overcooked, the sauce congealed and the chicken was cold, bearing in mind we had been there some time I was too hungry to send it back which I should have done. One of our party had not received her Burger so she asked where it was as we all had our main course - her's finally appeared when we had finished our's - she said it was not hot at all.

Where we were seated there was a huge window which was quite filthy - not sure
the last time it had been cleaned, I found the decor and carpet to be very tired and in need of an update.....

The server was very pleasant but should have had some help.

I would not recommend this restaurant for larger parties....