Lakeview Signature Inn - A Suite Hotel
US$ 176
US$ 151
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Calgary(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
US$ 180
US$ 165
Hotels.com
US$ 85
All reviewscactus clubmicrowave popcornfull kitchenfront deskevening snacksbasketball courtstudio suitefree cookieshome away from hometim hortonscalgary airportpool and hot tubshuttle servicegreat place to stayhot breakfastthe breakfast areaincluded breakfast
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Rooms and lobby are clean having been renovated last year. Easy access from main highway and close to grocery store and restaurants. Situated in industrial area but easy access to downtown via LRT station with just a 15 minute walk away. Rooms have kitchens which is handy when travelling with kids. Separate bedrooms for kids is perfect. Their website says the 2 bedroom suites will sleep six but thats a push unless travelling with very small chilren. Be ready for a little bit of airplane noise with the airport only a couple of kms away.There is no restaurant or bar in the hotel. They do serve a decent buffet-style breakfast. Pool and hot tub are saltwater which is a nice change from chlorine. Staff is friendly and courteous. Be advised there is a charge for pets.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank EDMONTONMACS
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I came to Calgary to visit my family. I couldn't stay with any of my family members because all of their homes have stairs and I use a mobility scooter for distances and walk with a cane. My Dad is ill so I needed a place where my family could come and visit me.

Lakeview totally understood this and fit the bill perfectly. Each unit is self-sufficient and beautifully appointed. I stayed in a studio suite but there are much larger suites for ones with families.

My friends and family who live in Calgary could not believe they had not heard of this gem before and were equally suprised at how reasonably priced it was.

When I arrived for my week's stay, Heidi the manager welcomed us by helping my Mom put my scooter together in the pouring rain. Included in the price is a delicious daily breakfast and the dining staff are just fabulous. The hotel is spic and span and the housekeeping staff too are obliging and friendly. There are also evening snacks offered on some nights.

It is possible to get groceries delivered to your kitchen. There is also a small amount of sundries by the front desk. There is a sports court outside with a BBQ for in the warmer weather, which there is a fair bit of in Calgary.

These little touches plus the popcorn in your room, the DVD players, the alarm clocks with CD players...it all combines to make you feel right at home. There is internet in each room so you can continue to work from your laptop.

Both I and my family were disappointed when my trip came to an end and we had to give up our new little "vacation home".

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank shineout
Reviewed 15 July 2009

This hotel was great. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. We stayed in room 301. It had one bed and a pull out couch and a full kitchen which was great! The bathroom was also very clean. While it says that it is an airport hotel it is only a 10 min. cab ride downtown so it's no big deal to stay there if you want to go out in the city and its a lot cheaper than staying right down town. There is a Tim Hortons next door which was also great. There is a free breakfast in the morning but it wasn't great. If you are just looking for a quick bite before a flight its ok but if you were out the night before and would like a good breakfast I suggest looking elsewhere or heading to Sobeys which is a few min away and making breakfast at the hotel if you have a kitchen. Overall it was a great hotel for a weekend at the stampede or whatever you may be in Calgary for.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank jmcteer
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Stayed here for about a month when we moved up to Calgary, before our house was ready. I have nothing but good things to say. The rooms are big and very very clean and very quiet. Beds are comfortable, there are extra pillows, high speed internet ( desktops & printer in the lobby), roomy bathroom. And the room comes with a kitchenette.

There are several coin laundry rooms so it is very easy to do laundry. We sent suits etc. to get dry cleaned and that service was very quick as well.

They have a super nice complimentary breakfast buffet and you can really stuff yourself with eggs, toast, pancakes and so on. Also Mon-Thurs. they offer complimentary small scale dinner item such as hot dogs.

The fitness room is a bit small but it works. They also have an indoor pool and mini sized tennis court outside.

The staff is extremely nice and helpful. They are willing to help you out no matter how peculiar your request is. Pets are allowed and they gave me a complimentary dog food bowl for our pooch .

They have a small shop for few food items, beer and such. We were shocked how expensive the beer was so the front desk lady was kind enough to tell us where the nearest liqueur store is located (which by the way is just down the road). Also whenever we needed to find any other place they would google map it and print the map for us.

I think this place does renovate/renew things quite often since the hallway carpet was replaced while we were there even though it looked almost brand new.

Oh and their little complimentary shampoos etc. are by Bath and body works. Great quality!

There is a A&W right next door. If you want to eat in an actual restaurant a place called Cactus Club is right next door as well. They have great food and awesome service. And no dress code. Sunridge mall is a short drive away and so is Safeway or Sobey's grocery store. The hotel does not have onsite restaurant or room service.

Great place!!! Note, there is a shuttle service between the hotel and the airport which is great if you don't have a car.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2008

Stayed here as part of conducting a seminar. Seminar room and catered food was superb! A++++

The suite room was most comfortable, quiet and clean leading to a very pleasant but much too short stay.

Compliments to all staff and management. I would definitely stay here again and/or use for meeting facility.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)