I loved this hotel! Even though it's called an Inn, the rooms are all suites with queen-sized beds. I was very impressed that my suite featured a full-sized kitchen (including a full-sized fridge and freezer, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, dishwasher, pots, pans, plates, bowls, silverware, knives, and miscellaneous cooking utensils). The room also featured 2 televisions (as others have pointed out, these are old and not flat screen, oh well), and each television had a DVD player. These were great fun because there is a DVD "vending machine" in the lobby which features 35 or so DVDs that guests can rent for free, and the hotel provides you free bags of microwave popcorn!
The bed was comfortable, though the pillows were not firm at all (very squishy and compactable). Also, the curtains did not close all the way, so if I was someone who needed pitch darkness to sleep I would have had a problem. Some rooms have doors to separate the living room/kitchen from the bedroom/bathroom - this is the difference between the studio and the one bedroom layouts specified on the hotel website, I think. The housekeeping staff did a great job keeping the room clean and stocked with towels and amenities.
Breakfast was a mixed bag. On the one hand, it was free, it was hot and there was plenty of variety - every morning featured a pork breakfast meat, eggs in some format, baked beans (??), and a carb of some kind (potatoes, French toast, pancakes, hash browns, etc.), plus a spread of 4 cereals, oatmeal, plain yogurt, granola, fruit, Belgian waffles, coffee, milk, pastries, and muffins. On the other hand, sometimes the eggs quality wasn't the best in the world, the beans option was just weird, and I wish there had been some turkey meats in the rotation instead of just pork. The dining area was always clean when I ate there, and the breakfast supervisors were really attentive and friendly.
I did not have much opportunity to use the workout room, pool, outdoors grill, outdoor sports area, or attend the weeknight evening social, but these were indeed on the premises. Also, unlike a previous reviewer, I did not experience any problems with odd smells. Everything smelled fine to me.
Because of the abundance of amenities and the good level of cleanliness I had a great experience overall. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport is a leader in long-term stays. An all-suite non-smoking hotel with full kitchens and hot buffet breakfast included. Each suite has one queen bed in every bedroom, a double sofa bed,a working desk with electrical plug-ins, complimentary WiFi service,an HD flat screen TV with DVD player in each room, individually controlled forced air heating and air conditioning unit, fresh air windows, table settings for four, kitchen appliances, vanity area outside the bathroom. Pet charge is $100.00 per stay for up to two pets. Each room is 'Deep Cleaned' after each pet check out. Pets are accepted and will be continued to be acceptable guests at the discretion of hotel management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport Hotel Calgary
- Signature Inn Calgary
- Calgary Signature Inn
- Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport Alberta