Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MawahibA

Beautiful Bed&Breakfast!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Mar 2024
My boyfriend and I went to this b&b for Valentine's weekend. The owners were so welcoming, we stayed in the main king's suite. It was absolutely beautiful, the fireplace and the jet tub were my two favorites in the suit, we had a regular breakfast the first day, and a vietnamese breakfast the second day, it was DELICIOUS!!
We had our own private bathroom a spacious walk-in closet and a massive room. It was clean, quiet and no one bothered us. I would definitely recommend this place!
Date of stay: February 2024
  • BestWestern.com
    ₹13,983
7.9 km from Westmount River Inn
View more hotels in Calgary
All reviews bow river their beautiful home jet tub master suite steam shower comfortable bed stay there again walking distance kensington fireplace ensuite
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 February 2024

A phenomenally gorgeous stay. The interior woodwork and rooms look incredible. A comfortable and homely place with great service.

The place was very peaceful, definitely a unique gem. There is nothing like it - we have stayed in the Banff fairmont castle, and the quality and luxury of the interiors does not compare! A great place to take a weekend off, if you want to experience luxury for the weekend.

Date of stay: February 2024
1  Thank Brian_Mie
Reviewed 22 December 2023

TLDN- This place is a complete scam, they misrepresent themselves as a legitimate business (which they are not) and they rely on keeping your money when you realize that and cancel. This is not a hotel. This is a room in a private home and the owners do not follow any kind of business etiquette. They do not answer their phone, they do not have a voicemail, they do not have any exterior signage indicating that this is a place of lodging. They told me I would be refunded when I cancelled, and then re-nagged on that communication and refused to refund me.

After making my booking a friend in Calgary mentioned that I should take a closer look at the place because when she droveby the address she saw only a home at the address without any indication there was a business there. I proceeded to call the property over 25 times in the following 2 week period. The property did not answer the phone once, they do not have a voicemail message indicating they are a business or voicemail at all. The phone just rings and no one answers. As a woman traveling alone, this made me really nervous and I decided I was going to cancel- given I booked what I was led to believe was a room in a legitimate place of lodging and not whatever this place was. I reached out to Booking.com and they suggested I message the property through their platform. I did so and the homeowner informed me that if they didn't rebook the room I would be charged a $30 fee, but if they did rebook it I would not be charged. They even encouraged me to cancel quickly since they said they had other people interested in those dates. I've even included that correspondence here.

I cancelled the room through Booking.com and BAM I'm charged the full $480 for my stay. The property has since re-nagged on their communication and refused to refund me, and Booking.com is saying they can't help if the property doesn't agree to the refund.

What a disappointment, particularly in Booking.com for not standing with their customers when one of their properties is clearly running a shady operation.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jenny F
Kim andJohn, General Manager at Westmount River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2024

This customer booked a non-refundable stay and was upset when they did not have access to a refund. This customer never stayed at Westmount River Inn or stepped onto the premises.

We are a legitimate and hardworking Bnb that has been in operation for 10+ years. We take pride in the satisfaction and comfort of our guests and also recommend activities and restaurants in the area, or around Banff. We have many repeat guests and serve with detail and care.

Reviewed 21 October 2022 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this fantastic Inn and we were blown away.
We occupied the master suite with
King sized bed and fireplace which has a walk-in steam shower and gigantic jet tub, it is utterly amazing
It was meticulously clean and very nicely decorated.
Our hosts were just the most lovely people who gave us a warm welcome and tour of their beautiful home.
It is located in a nice area with view of the river and city skyline and yet quiet and peaceful too,
We highly recommend staying here and we will definitely return.
Thank you to both of you for making our stay so wonderful
Liz & Bob Bloos
Red Deer AB

Date of stay: October 2022
4  Thank lizbob2015
Reviewed 29 September 2022

WARNING: This is a private home in a residential neighborhood, flanked by worn down homes and facing a highway. I did not feel safe in this home as a solo woman traveller. My bedroom door did not lock securely. I had to be let in by calling a man living and working there who was creepy. There was religious paraphernalia decorating the house throughout (crucifixes, Virgin Mary). I had booked a 5-night stay, and when I tried to cancel on Day 1 after realizing I could not sleep there, I was told there were no refunds, no matter what.

Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank JennyB381
Reviewed 10 August 2022

*NOT* a traditional hotel, but a genuine gem! Yes, the owners asked us to remove our shoes at the door, yes it is literally their home. Not really bothersome, and in my case (I'm half Filipina and also take my shoes off in my house) a welcome change. The home itself is beautiful, filled with rich, gorgeous woodworking that I was told was custom, done by one of the home owners himself. The room was spotless and welcoming, and my boyfriend and I were even offered some delicious biscotti on the first day. The innkeepers/homeowners are INCREADIBLY kind, and if you want a nice treat, please stay here!
(Also, there's just a lot of shops and whatnot nearby. Not necessarily walking distance for myself as a disabled woman, but not more than a 5 minute drive. I recommend the Oxbow for dinner!)

Room tip: The King Balcony room also had a bathroom with a standard width tub that was nice and deep!
Date of stay: August 2022